Why do you think gay men tend to put more effort into having a good appearance than straight men?

• Because gay men tend to be more feminine than straight men
  • Because their potential partners (other men) are more visually oriented than women so they have a stronger inentive to be attractive
  • An even mix of both
    Vote C
  • Both but more so A
    Vote D
  • Both but more so B
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
  • I don't think gay men put more effort into their appearence
    Vote G

1220

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't know the answer to this, except that I can't stand them. I knew when all the gay acceptance begin back in the 80's they were no good then. All I would hear from girls back then was gays are so sweet they wouldn't hurt a fly. And one thing I made this mistake in after nearly being killed so many times doing construction was to become a barber. Nearly ever single job I had I was let go behind gays. Once they figured out that I wanted nothing to do with them I would get ran off, let go. And that's how they are. They're not just gay, they have an agenda, they want everybody to be gay or accept them as they are and that's not happening. There was one morning at this place where a guy walked into the shop where I was working. There was in the ball park of around at least 8 gorgeous girls working there and we were all in the back as the guy walked out. One of the girls make the comment the guy was good looking or something of that nature. Then the gay idiot had to chime in. And the part I remember was him saying in front of all those girls was oh you can have his front, I just want the back, sickening and no shame in it whatsoever. Gay guys want to imitate girl and gay girls want to imitate guys. That why gay guys try to make their voices sound feminine and talk with a lisp like a snake, DISGUSTING!

• In my opinion they do but its not because of feminine traits. Everybody externalises their persona through attire. Dressing flamboyantly is a way of communicating "Hey, Im gay!" Punk rockers do the same thing, the just signal through their attire certain idealogical presuppositions to attract likeminded people. Its just a coincidence they appear feminine. They can though, its just not the foundational reason.

I think asains steal the show though. They seem to put a lot more attention towards exulting male appearences. I'd say Asians have more of this so called femininity. And good, I love how sharp their style is

Most Helpful Girls

• I think they tend to care less about their masculinity

• Gays inherently are not masculine. Never can be.

• @4465loveyou5577
      I would very much beg to differ, look up the term "gender dysphoria", we've been told we can't say that homosexuality is a mental illness anymore, when in fact it is. The behaviour of gay men, even the "macho" ones, is highly effeminate by nature. The act of sex will always require a giver and receiver, be it MW or MM or FF.

But for a man to offer his ass to another man, is merely mimicry of a woman opening her legs for a little penetration. Ones natural, the other isn't. Sex is meant to make babies, not HIV.

You need to understand it from a mans perspective, if we are meant to act with honour and dignity, and at the most primitive level, find women to procreate with, and protect them, and our wider communities, we do not need or want to allow perversions of the natural order. Like a disease, homosexuality undermines the fabrics of communities/countries and their cultures.

I'm not a Christian, Muslim or Jew by the way. In case you wondered.

• @FreshOutaIdeas
      gender dysphoria is defined as "the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex."
      Gay men don't identify as women, they identify as men who are attracted to other men.
      "The behaviour of gay men, even the "macho" ones, is highly effeminate by nature." That's just anecdotal.
      "But for a man to offer his ass to another man, is merely mimicry of a woman opening her legs for a little penetration." Straight guys can receive anal from their girlfriends, ever heard of a prostate massage?
      "Sex is meant to make babies, not HIV." Having sex for reasons other than procreation is by no means exclusive to homosexuals.
      "I'm not a Christian, Muslim or Jew by the way. In case you wondered."
      I don't care if you are or not, that last tirade shows that you're just a bigot, by now :)
      #LoveIsLove