Why do you think gay men tend to put more effort into having a good appearance than straight men?

• Because gay men tend to be more feminine than straight men
    Vote A
  • Because their potential partners (other men) are more visually oriented than women so they have a stronger inentive to be attractive
    Vote B
  • An even mix of both
    Vote C
  • Both but more so A
    Vote D
  • Both but more so B
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
  • I don't think gay men put more effort into their appearence
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't know the answer to this, except that I can't stand them. I knew when all the gay acceptance begin back in the 80's they were no good then. All I would hear from girls back then was gays are so sweet they wouldn't hurt a fly. And one thing I made this mistake in after nearly being killed so many times doing construction was to become a barber. Nearly ever single job I had I was let go behind gays. Once they figured out that I wanted nothing to do with them I would get ran off, let go. And that's how they are. They're not just gay, they have an agenda, they want everybody to be gay or accept them as they are and that's not happening. There was one morning at this place where a guy walked into the shop where I was working. There was in the ball park of around at least 8 gorgeous girls working there and we were all in the back as the guy walked out. One of the girls make the comment the guy was good looking or something of that nature. Then the gay idiot had to chime in. And the part I remember was him saying in front of all those girls was oh you can have his front, I just want the back, sickening and no shame in it whatsoever. Gay guys want to imitate girl and gay girls want to imitate guys. That why gay guys try to make their voices sound feminine and talk with a lisp like a snake, DISGUSTING!

0|1
    0|0
  • In my opinion they do but its not because of feminine traits. Everybody externalises their persona through attire. Dressing flamboyantly is a way of communicating "Hey, Im gay!" Punk rockers do the same thing, the just signal through their attire certain idealogical presuppositions to attract likeminded people. Its just a coincidence they appear feminine. They can though, its just not the foundational reason.

I think asains steal the show though. They seem to put a lot more attention towards exulting male appearences. I'd say Asians have more of this so called femininity. And good, I love how sharp their style is

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think they tend to care less about their masculinity

0|0
    0|0
    • Gays inherently are not masculine. Never can be.

• Show All
    • @4465loveyou5577
      I would very much beg to differ, look up the term "gender dysphoria", we've been told we can't say that homosexuality is a mental illness anymore, when in fact it is. The behaviour of gay men, even the "macho" ones, is highly effeminate by nature. The act of sex will always require a giver and receiver, be it MW or MM or FF.

But for a man to offer his ass to another man, is merely mimicry of a woman opening her legs for a little penetration. Ones natural, the other isn't. Sex is meant to make babies, not HIV.

You need to understand it from a mans perspective, if we are meant to act with honour and dignity, and at the most primitive level, find women to procreate with, and protect them, and our wider communities, we do not need or want to allow perversions of the natural order. Like a disease, homosexuality undermines the fabrics of communities/countries and their cultures.

I'm not a Christian, Muslim or Jew by the way. In case you wondered.

• @FreshOutaIdeas
      gender dysphoria is defined as "the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex."
      Gay men don't identify as women, they identify as men who are attracted to other men.
      "The behaviour of gay men, even the "macho" ones, is highly effeminate by nature." That's just anecdotal.
      "But for a man to offer his ass to another man, is merely mimicry of a woman opening her legs for a little penetration." Straight guys can receive anal from their girlfriends, ever heard of a prostate massage?
      "Sex is meant to make babies, not HIV." Having sex for reasons other than procreation is by no means exclusive to homosexuals.
      "I'm not a Christian, Muslim or Jew by the way. In case you wondered."
      I don't care if you are or not, that last tirade shows that you're just a bigot, by now :)
      #LoveIsLove

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Buddy of mine (gay) went to a pool part with his friends and posted a picture - it was like 30 guys with 8 packs... that's 240 ab bulges! So yes - among a certain group of gay guys, it's definitely a big part of the culture (consider though there are lots of other flavors - bears, twinks, etc. - that don't fit that stereotype).

0|0
    0|0
  • B.

It has more impact on their sex life. This isn’t to say it has no impact on straight men’s sex like - it does, particularly at the extreme end. But gay men get more payoff from it (as do women who also spend more time on it).

Straight women tend to want a wider range of attributes so straight men spread their efforts more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think B makes the most sense. This question could also be extended to include male: interior designers, figure skaters, hair stylists, fashion designers/critics
    Why do certain occupations seem to attract them?

0|0
    0|0
  • They have to stand out from the crowd of straight men to other gay men. Gay people are less than 5% of the population so they have to peacock hard as fuck...

0|0
    0|0
  • Older straight guys tend to be married, and their wife-men look even worse than them. No reason to try to look better for most of them.

Gays tend to be single and "on the market".

But the other reasons also apply.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am bisexual, and I can tell you that it is because other men care about appearances. My boyfriend cares about my appearance and vice-versa.

0|1
    0|0
  • It has become a part of their sub-culture in many countries from what I understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think certain men put more effort than others, same as with women. Not sure its necassarily linked to sexuality

0|0
    0|0
  • Same reason why so many women take HOURS to go through their morning routines.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure guys in general put effort into their appearance. Majority of my friends do. Gays just take it a step too far

0|0
    0|0
  • Gay men no what looks good to gay men. Straight men have no idea what women find attractive and women offer no universal solutions so why bother trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's because they're more feminine but also because their partners are more visually oriented than women

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of them wear makeup which is something that I’d say a majority of straight guys tend to avoid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men tend to be more visual ples they have a smaller pool of potential mates so far more competition.

0|0
    0|0
  • The correct answer is B.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where did you get that idea?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because straight men haven't time for all that

0|0
    1|0
  • Because they are feminine

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I think so, yes. I have seen many gay men who are more well groomed and put more thought in what kind of clothes they should wear more than straight men do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it has a lot more to do with why straight men feel it's feminine to do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know that there is a stereotype that that happens, but I haven't seen it myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great question. I voted D but that's a full on guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because these men are more feminine and hence more into looking nice and clean.
    Men otherwise are ugly and don't put in efforts

0|0
    0|0
  • i mean, bringing up legally blonde srry, the scene where she says gay men know designers, like women

0|0
    0|0
  • it s not a general rule but if so, it s a mix of A and B

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause lot of them are very feminine on the inside.

1|0
    0|0
    • Does this go both ways (are lesbian women more masculine).

• This is true there few studs, soft butch, butch. I am very feminine myself I get “I don’t look like a lesbian”

• Lmao I don't think they do

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is gay tbh

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes