Those with tattoos, what do your tattoos symbolize?

Do your tattoos have a personal meaning?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't have any tattoos, currently, but I'll eventually be getting full sleeve tattoos on both arms from my shoulders to my fingertips, as well as a tattoo on my calf and one over my heart. Possibly even a large tattoo across my shoulders on my back as well. However, not to be too coy, but it holds a very personal and very spiritual meaning for me (non-religious though). It's something that speaks to the core of who I am, but I am not ready to share it with the world yet. I guess when I get them (my full sleeves in particular), the world will know then, but until that time, I'll keep it for me only. 😊 Now, if only I can get the money together for them. lol

1|0
    0|0
    • lol yeah , it can be expensive. I like sleeve tattoos , they look awesome

• Show All
    • Tee-hee! 😁

Most Helpful Girls

• I got my only tattoo at 21 and it was during a very difficult time in my life. I used to dread waking up in the morning because of depression and when I strengthened my relationship with God, I found happiness in ways I never understood before. It's my favorite Bible verse that got me through a dark time and every time I look at it, I remember that God saved me. It strange that a tattoo can give you so much strength and healing

1|0
    0|0
    • That's really heartwarming.

Depression is so very debilitating. I admire you for trusting and relying on Gods strength.

• Thank you very much :) He's just such a constant presence and never abandons you in your time of need. It's funny because my tattoo appointment kept getting postponed and I would keep making changes to design. It's almost like it was meant to be lol

• That's very true. When you no longer have the strength to go on, God's strength can get you through any difficult time. Gods bless you ❀

• It's small but I love it.
    I want to get an arrow tattoo with a purple bow tied to it next.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I don't have any tattoos but I do want to get one when my finances can warrant spending money on getting permanent art on my body. The Tattoo i want to get is a Wyrm dragon forming itself into a Yin & Yang symbol.

The reasoning behind the design is I enjoy the concept of what the Yin & Yang represent: Balance. I also enjoy enjoy martial arts and balance is something that is heavily weighed into the training.

1|0
    0|0
  • My first is the symbol of the special forces unit in which I served. I bled with these men. They are my brothers in arms even if some of them are assholes.
    My 2nd is the face of a Krayt Dragon. The Mandalorian symbol from Star Wars. Star Wars is not just another film franchise for me. It is part of my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have three tattoo's and these are two of them. The third on is on my left leg and it's a dream-catcher with a wolf head above it and I'm into the native Indian culture. Is why.

1|0
    0|0
  • Miss fit, i don't like tattoos and don't know why people have them on their bodies...

There are papers on which someone can draw and be an artist, why not keeping the body fresh and clean...

1|0
    1|3
  • i like tribal tattoos like this one

3|0
    0|1
  • My are representative of what I love most in life. Mother, father, music, self. 5 in all...
    Mom's name, dad's nickname, OZZY, KISS,
    & the ace of diamonds playing card...
    Because I'm Ace Diamond...

1|0
    0|0
  • They symbolize that I care more about having pretty pictures on my skin than attracting the best mate or getting the best job i can. I have no direction in life and success minded people should not choose me as a mate. I spent this money on non removable pictures instead of investing for my future.

1|0
    0|5
  • None yet, have a couple planned that all have meaning to me

1|0
    0|0
  • My first tattoo is going to symbolize a deep rage I have for the world around me, and a chilling acceptance that I cannot control it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I got a picture of a horse and a colt to repeated my mom and " "vigilamus pro te" for my dad both of whom die when I was a teen on my other shoulder I have the dead man's hand to represent my battle with gambling addiction

1|0
    0|0
  • The connection I wish to share with my children and descendents.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a tribal tat on my arm with some Kanji symbols. They're something my wife always says to our kids. On my chest, another tribal with a Filipino sun for my wife.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are things that are important to me. Things that represent a part of me. A way to outwardly reveal traits about myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Got stabbed in the hand with a pencil in the third grade. It was close to my knuckles, now its at my wrist.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a Raven on my right arm in memory of my deceased father

1|0
    0|0
  • I hope to get an Iron Cross on my left arm and a Confederate battle flag/St. Andrews Cross on my right. The Iron Cross is a traditional German military symbol, used extensively from 1871-1945 in Germany as a sort of Medal of Honor equivalent. The St. Andrew’s Cross is a reminder of my Ulster-Scots roots; both of these combined will remind me to serve my country well and to make my ancestors proud of me. Lastly, I hope to get the red dragon of St. George tattooed onto my chest to show that whoever steals the shriveled, numb throbby thing stuck in my ribcage will have my protection.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Tattoo on my left shoulder represents my love for wolves and the one on my right is my star sign

1|0
    0|0
  • Back in my day you use to have to earn tattoos, I'm talkin bout stackin bodies

1|0
    0|0
  • I have none plenty of scars though including emotional scars

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a B on each butt cheek.

1|0
    0|0
  • All sorts of meanings lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Hep C

1|0
    0|0
  • Nowadays it usually means I broken and/or trendy.

1|0
    0|1
  • Attraction

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• My tattoo is dedicated to my past , so yeah it has a big personal meaning for me

1|0
    0|0
  • I plan on drawing my own tattoo reminding me of how strong and lucky I've always been. Strong because I never gave in to depression and lucky because I have people who love me.

2|1
    0|0
  • It represents the kid that is born without any parents and suddenly meets a giraffe that helps him see above the clouds and therefore above the bad things.

1|0
    0|0
  • A crescent moon adorned with flowers. For me the moon shines brightly in the darkness which is a symbol of hope and balance.

2|1
    0|1
  • i have β€œyour darling” your on one front ankle and darling on the other. i got it from darling from the baby driver. which says im basically a crazy bitch lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been thinking of getting a small tattoo on part of my hand. I want to be an Ankh or something like that to symbolize life, because it will be covering self harm scars..

1|0
    0|0
  • I have tattoos but they dont symbolize anything. They dont have to. I got mine so i could be different from other people and unique

2|0
    0|0
  • My tattoos symbolize to myself to keep breathing, that my life has a purpose, and that God is ultimately in control of my life

1|1
    0|0
  • I have a memorial to my grandad on my wrist and a purple ribbon with wings for epilepsy awareness covering a drunken tramp stamp πŸ™„

1|0
    0|0
  • I have 1 with meaning, the rest are just because I like them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have the tree of life. It symbolized life and my way up to know

1|0
    0|0
  • Me and my mom's initials

2|0
    0|0
  • Don't have any, maybe in future

1|0
    0|0
  • Things that I like to do and love ones