Why Are There More Good Looking Girls Than Guys In This World?

I'm wondering if there's a scientific explanation on it or if it's just me. I sees pretty women out there more frequently than handsome/good looking men.

To be clear:
1. I'm not into dating women, but knows who I finds good looking regardless of gender.
2. It applies to women both with and without makeup. Many doesn't wear anything at all.

In a room with ca. 100 people I may see 3 - 8 pretty/beautiful women, but maybe only one guy. It mostly applies to my own country, but it also applies abroad. #Beauty #MenVsWomen #Gender

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Obviously there is pressure on guys to be a certain physique but there is so much pressure on women to be attractive even at the cost of our health and that pressure is affecting girls younger and younger. Those pictures meant to be shocking or funny of “me at 14 vs 14 year olds today” are the normalization of an actual serious issue. Let kids be fucking kids. The rule that business jobs and retail a dress code includes makeup and certain looks to fit a criteria.

0|0
    0|0
  • Woman are a beauty unmatched I believe by biological purpose. I think that’s mostly a reproduction thing. Men like reproducing with good looking women so we kinda need them to reproduce the species🤷🏾‍♀️?

I do see good looking men though.

0|0
    1|1
    • 6d

Here's my view on it:
      In a room with ca. 100 people I may see 3 - 8 pretty/beautiful women and a couple of cute ones, but maybe only see one guy who looks good/handsome if I ever sees one at all.

• In my opinion there are simple reasons.

Men don't have the opportunity to put on make-up and experience a complete evolution like we do. It would be absurd If they try to, since make-up is something feminine.

Men seem to deal with personal care less and try to make themselves good less compared to women. Like they wake up and go to work with changing nothing about their looks, they don't wear fancy clothes, do different hairstyles everyday, they pracrically just get out of their beds, wear whatever pair of cloth they see first but they STILL LOOK ATTRACTIVE.
    MEN ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I've noticed that in my country an average woman may look like this:

And an average man like this:

Both are average, but many women looks better than men from what I've seen.

• Show All
    • 6d

I think average Norwegian man looks better than the one in the picture. Average Norwegian woman is really hot though.

• 5d

The three celebrities you mentioned seems average to me.

• I don’t think there is. I do think men don’t try as hard to look attractive tho. Which is why there are more single men than women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree..
    Women were made to attract with their beautiful physic and men with their personality and strength?

0|0
    1|1
  • There was a study that found that attractive people are more likely to have daughters.

0|0
    1|1
  • 1. Makeup
    2. Girls simply take care of themselves better. It’s social.
    3. Plastic surgery

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

4. More options to look good in clothes. It’s social
      5. Different hairstyles that enhance beauty. Also social

• Women are more skilled in terms of making themselves look attractive (make up, clothes, etc...).

0|0
    0|0
  • Because women are more pressured to look good in society.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are more good looking than guys.

0|1
    0|2
  • There aren't. Thirsty guys just put very average looking women on a pedestal.

1|2
    0|0
  • Because women naturally seem to put more effort into their looks, far fewer guys do from my observations.

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 13

• Because you see the world through a man's eyes.
    Of course you see women as more attractive.

1|0
    1|0
    • 6d

But some women also finds women more good looking than men and they're straight. I've talked to some.

• Show All
    • 3d

@latinabutterfly96 Straight? what does straight mean to you? because a lot of straight women claim they that find the female body more arousing and attractive than the male body

• 3d

@Mariano012 I swear to god... if don’t understand what straight means, I’m very worried about you.

If she is aroused by the female body she is not straight. I think you need to use a liiiiittle bit of logic and the most fundamental form of common sense to understand this oh-so-complex fact.

• Because men are visual, so of necessity those characteristics that men subjectively think of as beautiful would be duplicated and more likely to belong to those with whom men reproduce..

0|0
    1|0
  • Maybe your tastes prefer feminine features So you see more attractive women than men?
    Maybe it is not a universal law but a subjective thing?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Perhaps. I finds men like Aidan Turner, Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Ranveer Singh etc. very handsome and good looking. Men in Kpop, 1D and J. Bieber however isn't my taste.

• Women tend to look after their appearance more than their male counterparts.

2|0
    0|0
  • Your from Norway. Those countries have good looking people. Come to England and see if you feel the same

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I've been to England many times and I can promise you from my experience they looks almost the same. Especially the males. The main difference is that Norwegian men tends to be blonder and whiter, but English are more brunettes and way more mixed. Facial and body wise they looks very similar.

• 4d

Also don't forget women fake their faces with Make up.
      Weirdly one of the best looking people i know is from Norway. She wears very little make up.

• Yes it’s jusg you, you like seeing girls you only notice the attractive omes

0|0
    0|0
  • Aren't you bias

0|0
    0|0
  • Makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause they wear makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • They try harder to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's mostly a cultural/ideological bias.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most gays are like that. They think women are "cute", but they want to be plowed by men. Actually, a lot of women are like that too.

0|0
    2|0
  • Men value looks and women value resource abilities. Thus, women are physically more attractive than men

1|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes