Why is being skinny more attractive?

I am normal weight but I think skinny girls are the most beautiful ones in the world. They look proportionate and good in anything they wear , and they walk with elegance and ease. They look younger. I wish I was skinny I try so hard everyday to lose weight. Why is being skinny so beautiful?
Being skinny more attractive?
Being skinny more attractive?

5|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Who said "skinny" is the most beautiful in the world? You've been listening to advertising for too long. I don't find "skinny" to be appealing at all. Skinny girls have little or no curves and are generally flat chested and look weird if they get implants. They don't have that sexy little arch in their lower back that accentuates their ass, which is usually flat too. There's no shake when they walk. I'd much rather have a "normal weight" girl, or one is just a bit over, but with curves in the right places. As for walking with elegance and ease, that's all about confidence. Why wouldn't a "normal weight", self-assured, sexy girl walk that way?

2|0
    0|1
  • Skinny is attractive because skinny = someone who seems like they are going to benefit from your ability to provide them with resources and protection.

Those who perceive themselves as more independent, resourceful and protective prefer people who look, say, more "emaciated" because those are the people who are going to benefit from such a pairing the most.

Curvier women (or stronger men) attract the less resourceful partners, because they don't have as big of a need for extra resources themselves.

1|0
    0|0
    • What about being in between?

• Average people attract other average people to even out the odds.
      That being said, the scale is skewed because the amount of resourceful people is less than those in need of resources.
      Which is why *most* women want strong looking men, and *most* men want "fertile" looking (thicker) women.

• Well I'll lose weight so I can attract a more attractive man I guess... I'm trying... I'm 5'8 and 162lbs..

Most Helpful Girls

• Nope not skinny... perhaps you’re overweight and think you’re normal or maybe being chubby around where you live is now considered “normal” and the smaller girls are considered “skinny” when in reality they’re just fit or slender not skinny... because skinny is not attractive... perhaps an average skinny girl is more attractive than being fat but it is not better than being fit... why?

Simply because when you have too much extra weight , you lose your shape... one is not supposed to resemble balls or the like. That’s simply it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m skinny and I can tell you I disagree with you. My ex left me for a fat bitch (I’m allowed to say that because I knew her personally and I hate her) most men prefer curvy women over skinny women. They don’t want skin and bone. I don’t think I look good in anything I wear so I tend to wear the same things and never go out of my comfort zone. When it’s hot as hell outside I cover up with a jumper because I hate my skinny shoulders. I wish I was fat and I’m trying to gain the weight but it’s hard.

0|0
    0|0
    • I cannot tell you how many days I have starved to become skinny.
      Believe me when I say men lust over curves , but healthy skinny women are much much hotter.
      Look at the models , look at the actresses. Look at younger women in general shouldn't have saggy asses and tits like they're breastfeading 5 babies.

Being skinny is MORE attractive and always will be. I have lived being that 'curvy' but not fat girl and it is boring as fuck.

Some guys like fat girls yes , but most love skinny girls. And it isn't all about guys you know , I'm just saying to most people skinny girls are elegant as hell. You can pull off any outfit believe me. Baggy , fitted , really tight doesn't matter all will look good on you..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Every girl in any size is beautiful. It's just a matter of preference.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just the beauty standard you're used to.

I remember when I was younger, I used to think that being really skinny was the only sort of body I ever wanted.

Though now I can appreciate all sorts of body types. It's all about proportions and how the person wears the weight they have.
    I don't see it as only one body type is attractive.

2|0
    0|2
  • I actually find skinny girls to be sickly looking and kind of unnatractive... Not like normal skinny... When your in shape like you are... I think average size girls with nice curves to be the most attractive... But when a girl is just a skeleton with skin and no curves... And you can see her Ribcage... That's just not attractive at all

3|0
    1|0
  • because they can wear anything and look hot af in it. i lost 20 pounds, and as each pound came off, my self-esteem climbed a few miles. i notice that with each pound i gain, my self-esteem descends. being thin means looking good. some overweight ladies can look proportionate and pretty hot too. but for others (such as myself), i don't carry my weight too well since i am pretty short too. so i HAVE to be thin or else i look like a potato.

0|1
    1|0
  • It's not about being skinny, it's about being healthy. You can have meat on you and be healthy, or be very skinny and extremely unhealthy. If you want to have a healthy body and get in shape, it's as simple as exercising everyday and eating better. Doesn't mean you can't treat yourself to chocolate every now and then or count every calory you eat, just eat a bit healthier. Don't sit around eating junk food all day, eat something more healthy.

1|0
    0|0
    • @Mayaliakli I'm not interested in your instagram profile.

• It's subjective and that's what you think. That doesn't make it everyone's opinion but being overweight is objectively unattractive. I find some skinny girls attractive and some I don't same goes with average because I find some average or chubby girls cute.

3|0
    0|0
  • Women like men that are fit or that work out.
    Men like women that are fit.

This is speaking generally. Being fit means you're healthy for the most part. It's just in our DNA and society to like healthy people.

We also don't like too skinny people and anorexic people look ugly to us. Because again, it's not healthy.

2|0
    0|0
  • 1) attractiveness is subjective, different people find different things attractive.
    2) you are probably influenced by the Western media and supermodels. Please know that many of them are heavily underweight and models are heavily exploited in the industry. Majority of women and girls who feel fat have no medical issues with their weight and many are even underweight.
    3) most clothings available are made to look good on models so it is easier to find flattering clothes on slender people, true. But I suggest you still analyze your body to find out what suits you best so that you can also pull off whatever you wear!
    4) You are right, slender people look younger. But if you are curvy just embrace the fact that you look more mature and sexy and womanly. Ageing and growth is a normal process and later in your life you should be able to age gratefully. Take care of your skin to stay youthful and healthy.
    5) If you have no issues with your weight, then STOP trying to lose weight without any professional help. I regret trying to lose weight when I didn't need to and now I have gastritis.
    6) People of all body types can look beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because from a young age we learn that skinny girls are beautiful. In the media you can see women who are thin yet beautiful promoting beauty products or diet products. It's to make you believe that skinny equals beauty when in reality those women are photoshopped. I guarantee you that the skinny girls you see on social media are photoshopped to look thinner even though they are a normal, healthy weight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being fat degrades DNA which is important to procreate and produce the next generation. 2nd Being fat means your a liability. 3rd you are less productive because of the body stress. 4th you are less likely to defend off predators and become a large meal for that predator. How many fat people survive a zombie apocalypse and if they do fat people don't stay fat because of the lack of food and the need to be mobile. D-Day invasion of Normandy beach U. S soldiers waddling off the duck boats weighing 300 lbs eating snacks and breathing heavily would not survive long oh but being fat is awesome because I'm the exception to the rule. Being fat on planet earth does not benefit you. Some other planet with a different set of rules that says being fat is the way to survive might work but not here on planet earth. The fast aggressive intelligent and least injured have sex and survive and then produce more copies of themselves. wouldn't it be amazing if nobody had arms and legs because having no arms and legs is sexy am I right you guys. No stop lying.

0|0
    0|1
  • I feel like it is a purely societal thing we grew up to believe in and based our own desires on what we were taught. Biologically the skinny type has never been the most desirable, we don't even have to look too far in history - Merilyn Monroe. (A healthy amount of fat has always been the norm for women until now.)

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Smaller makes me feel physically bigger.

2. Athletic performance. All else being equal weighing less allows you to run faster for longer, and be better at things such as rock climbing etc.

3. Makes dick go in further. Im pretty big but if a girl has an ass i can't always hit her cervix. I can hit almost all thin girls cervixs. I like being able to completely fill a girl.

0|1
    4|0
  • It has a correlation to health mixed with what seen as hot on a society bios point of view.
    You always have those that doesn't give a shit about society standards, that just is in to skinny, petite or what ever it is.

The less you care the better you are off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Omg ikr!! Like I know it’s not socially acceptable to say that now, but its just true! I think like bc being bigger is associated with bad stuff, like being unhealthy/ sweating lololl being slower etc where being thin is with stuff like fitness and health

0|1
    0|0
  • Being fat is unattractive to me not being the opposite of skinny, but being the opposite of healthy. Being slim simply looks particularly healthy. (If not too skinny.) I find women most physically attractive when they look young and healthy. (Looking mature and tall is sexy too, but that’s beside the point.)

2|0
    0|0
  • Have you seen ashley graham? She is curvy and as a female even i find her stunning, she has confidence, she's smart, and beautiful! Its all about being comfortable in your own skin and being happy with who you are! Trying to loose too much weight will make you sick, tired and unhealthy! Love yourself hunny and stop judging yourself by looking at others!

0|0
    1|0
    • I have seen Ashley Graham. She is the pinnacle of obesity and its unhealthy consequences. You can deny the facts all you want. In the end, being skinny is healthier.

• Im pretty sure she could bench press you or at least kick your balls up to your throat! she's fit as hell mate!

• @ASK145 Do you even know what obesity having some meat on your bones like Ashley isn't obesity.

• There will be a lot of mixed responses on this one including many hypocritical responses opposing your opinion, but trust me, men prefer skinny women, no matter what they say. The only men into fat women usually have hidden psychological problems.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont agree , i rather be with an average girl , Skinny Girls dont do it for me a girl with cushion on her is hotter to me , I dated a Skinny girl and she was pretty to look at but when it. came. to sex it was like i was banging a skeleton so average to me is hotter

1|0
    2|0
  • Uh... because it simply is. Humans are animals and part of basic animal magnetism/attraction is being physically fit and able, since that's what we're supposed to be per evolutionary biology. Low body fat and some muscularity is a physical sign of that ideal.

1|0
    2|0
    • Yet again women are not muscular by nature as we don't have testosterone and have more body fat percentage as it has always been vital to keep the baby warm, chubbier women with bigger hips were historically considered more fertile and thus more desirable while men were the providers and needed more physical strenght.

• Show All
    • I know that and was not talking of actually fat people, just a healthy amount so it would look like she is capable of carrying a child and won't die from not eating one day (or during childbirth the risk of which which small hips hightened). Plus you skipped all other undoubtable biological facts I mentioned.

• @morimeme1 If you're saying that fat is necessary for health, it is-- *some* fat. As in, not actually very much. Ideal healthy body fat percentage for males should be about 7-12% and only about 10-15% for females. Any higher than that, and you're fat/getting fat. The whole "we NEED FAT on our bodies!" thing is technically true, but people basically use it as a cudgel and an excuse to be fat because they just want to be lazy and uneducated about their physical health and nutrition.

• I don't think skinny is the most beautiful thing, in my opinion I think a balanced body is the best, not too slim, not too full. 40-55 kgs should be perfectly fine depending on the height.
    But that is just my taste, the more balanced, the better.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's been th beauty standards for the past few decades. Or rather, for the past 100 years or so, more or less. But there's been a shift happening these past 5-10 years, with more and more focus on curves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause they are. I dunno why they just are and it's nothing to do with been healthy since i am very unhealthy.

Like i have energy drink a lot and pizzas all the time and shit but i am skinny and a girl who is unheatlhy but still skinny are just as pretty.

Heck if i knew skinny girl who drank monsters and wanted unhealthy food all the time she would be my friend instally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope being super skinny is not preferrable. but being fat is not healthy. It is a science let me tell you the scientific studies briefly. Being skinny means you can easily give birth to the child with out having any kind of complications so males are attracted to such women pretty easily coz it's genetically coded into our DNA. 😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people prefer skinny some curvy. It's perference. But most people are attached to healthy skinny and curvy not overweight.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not being skinny, it's being healthy that is attractive.
    It's a basic survival instinct, getting attracted to healthier and better built possible mates.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not.

I feel like the term skinny is just as negative as the term fat. Thin is fine. Being fit & healthy, not skinny is what's important

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s just a beauty standard , some prefer skinny , some prefer thick. Its upto them honesty

0|1
    0|2
    • I like in the middle to thick side.

• @Amur8711 no guy likes that... I have that and it isn't desirable...

• Lol I don’t know am just trying to get skinny

• Beauty is subjective. Some people find skinny beautiful while there are some that find plumpy as beautiful.
    But I think bring fit within your limits is best. Being the best of yourself and not by somebody else's standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Read your own words, and you answer your own question. Because it's what the majority of people like. Personally I prefer women who aren't skinny, but that's me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they age better usually. And we associate youth with beauty. They also have less chances of being unhealthy, and we're also hardwired to be attracted to health.

0|0
    3|1
  • that depends on body type - some girls look better curvy - some guys look better skinny and some guys look better muscular

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend has meat and curves and that makes her attractive to me.
    I have no problem with thin girls, but the attraction wanes the moment they look starved.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because it's what we currently hold up in society as the ideal in beauty. It's nothing more than a social perception.

2|0
    1|0
  • Well being thin is sexy. But not being to skinny and bones are sticking out is very unhealthy.
    Being thin is healthy but if you are to over wieght its not healthy at all. Curves are ok as long as you got a healthy bmi.

0|0
    1|0
  • For me its been unhealthy experience being pretty skinny and I think a lot of girls don't realise even if they accomplish their dream and be skinny they won't be happy still

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually not always, but usually skinny girls seen as more attractive than obese girls, if you are normal weight then you don't really need to be more skinny.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Skinny girls don't have these curves we love😍 . And look so weak and so disgusting to fuck.
    You asked.

4|0
    4|3
    • Are you an idiot?

• Show All
    • You just did? 😂😂 Lmao you are underage for sure

• Yes... you must be very highly educated. Thrall us with your acumens.

• You basically answered your own question before you even asked it.

2|1
    0|0
  • You should try to achieve the body you are most comfortable with.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because they look youthful and athletic, although some look underfed.
    Of these weigh 110, perhaps 5-10 pounds of working out would be even better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Skinny girls are not my type.

Now a girl with curves and a nice personality, THAT'S the type of chick I want to have!😍

0|1
    1|0
  • Yeah…it's hotter.
    I'm saying this partly because of the other guys saying it's not. They're lying anyway. At least some of them.

2|0
    2|1
  • That's just the fashion industry. I like girls with curves

0|2
    0|0
  • Okay so I’m going to start of with telling you I am a skinny girl. I have no idea why it is “beautiful” because I have only been harassed my entire life about it. Literally starting in pre-k I got picked on because I was the skinny girl. My entire life I have wanted to be a curvy woman. And I still do. Curvy woman are so much more beautiful because they have the body that can pull of literally anything. All the outfits of today look so much better on women that have curves rather than those that don’t. And if you are comparing yourself to models none of them are they way they are with out some help from surgery. Either to remove some weight or make something bigger. You are beautiful no matter what you look like. Because someday someone will want you without changing how you eat or look. You will be perfect for someone. And that person will love you from your head to your toes and every single piece of you in between.

0|0
    0|0
  • It honestly depends on the individual and whether or not the woman is healthy looking as a whole. Skinny health to is fine, looks like she works out and eats at least. Too skinny where it looks unhealthy is not generally attractive. Same for being too big. Normally people as a whole ate more attracted to the middle ground.

Where they are skinny but healthy or curvy and healthy. Like this a little

0|0
    0|0
  • Skinny isn't beautiful, its frail and weak. Some people dig it, but I hate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being 5ft 1, and 110lbs, I am a tiny, skinny women myself. I've had a TON of comments about how tiny I am, and it gets tiring hearing the same things repeated.
    Skinny is fine for some, curvy is also fine, as long as you're content, maintaining your health, eating right, and feel the best physically, emotionally, and mentally, there's no reason to worry about what number is on the scale.
    We are all different. We all have different body weights, BMI's, structure, muscle mass, and we all should really stop comparing body / appearances. Life is short enough, there's no reason to be placing such judgement.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not. A fuller woman is more healthy looking and attractive to me.

0|0
    1|0
    • I wish i could believe that but people find me less attractive because I look 'full'. 'Curves' aren't all that attractive lots of men LOVE skinny girls and skinny models.

• Show All
    • It is just hard because I know girls who are 120lbs and less and they look really young while i look like I'm 23 when I'm 19
      I dont enjoy looking like a grown woman and other girls get to look cute and young and young guys love them.

• It's not 'skinny', it's 'fit'. Everybody like fit regardless of body type. You're focused on the wrong things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Go to a website called iifym. com. It will teach you how many calories you need to eat to lose weight based on your height, weight, activity level etc.

0|0
    1|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes