Do You Think A Good Looking Man Is Rarer Than A Good Looking Woman?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No, not really. I see quite a bit of overweight and unattractive women whereas I notice a lot of the males around me are rather fit from their time spent in a gym. Women are just worshiped regardless of their weight, height, breast size, etc., by both men and women whereas only women and gay men are attracted to men. The amount of people who will find men to be good looking is disproportionate to the amount of people who fill find women to be pretty since men are not typically attracted to one another like how women are with each other.

The female answers here really just prove how women have high standards. "His hair is too long" or "he isn't muscular enough" or "he isn't tall enough" etc. Men don't complain nearly as much because every woman has something attractive about her that we can find, even if she is overweight. The same could be said regarding men but women choose to focus more on the small imperfections.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I can admit when I see a guy who stands out but it's just an detached observation. The small imperfection thing is ridiculous but it might be true and it's why I want to get my nose done to become truly great looking

• Of course it is more rare
    i rarely see a guy that is my height 6'2 and is better looking then me
    but everyone has their own definition of attractiveness

enaugh for me that my girlfriend finds me super hot 11/10 :P
    and im not gonna lie i see women staring at me , flirting with me and all the good stuff it happens quite a lot

0|0
    0|0
    • You can be good looking and not be tall

• Show All
    • Um I've tried online dating and girls have wanted to meet me. Two of the most popular boys I knew were both short but also good looking. And hey if all else fails I'll find myself a chubby girl with a gorgeous face

• being honest girls tha are a bit curvy are better in bed ;)
      those skeletons can't do much :P

Most Helpful Girls

• Definitely.
    I see a lot of attractive women out there, but it's just so rare to find some hot dude with a muscled body and nice hair.

I guess it's because guys have this shitty "women need to look good and men only have to have a good personality" mindset.
    And then they cry that women friendzone them. Well no shit, sexual attraction is important not only to you guys

2|1
    0|3
    • Ok I'm not muscled but I do have a pretty good face, nice hair, jawline, eyes... I just hope to get surgery to make my nose straight.

• Show All
    • @Inneedofusername

Are you the epitome of beauty yourself? If not, I dont think you'll be approached by a lot of hot men. If not, you'll be approached by men who are on your level, and you'll probably reject them for being beneath you. I would like a girl with a reasonably good looking face as i'm a guy with a reasonably good looking face. I think I should get a relationship with a girl like that as she's on my level and she would be attractive

• 👏👏👏👏👏👏

• To be very honest yes. I've never actually seen an attractive guy. Even models and actors aren't attractive to me. I am straight and into guys but i just dont find them attractive. Girls on the other hand wow they are super attractive. Not all of them but some of them are like a 100 out of 10

0|0
    1|0
    • Then do you find guys with more feminine features attractive? More feminine male model types are never seen in public

• Show All
    • You sound gay.

• @ASK145

I'm not, and even if I were, what would be the goddamn problem?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes definitely

Because men aren’t taught to pay attention to their looks but women are. Consequently women look better because they “care more for themselves” if you will.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s not that men don’t have the same potential, it’s just that they don’t use it.

• Show All
    • @giovannimontolivo

No you won't, I have hollow cheeks jawline but no abs so tell me how that works

• I mean lean throughout your whole body lol. The reason you have what u have is because of your bodyfat distribution. You store less fat on your face and more fat on your tummy

• No

It’s the same. It’s rare either way. it doesn’t matter if women wear make up bc it only Raises beauty standards for women... so it evens out. Most people are average unless they mean something to you. Once in a while a person is actually really aesthetically rare... but usually it’s just try become beautiful bc of our connection to them or the feelings they elicit in is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically no.
    The amount of NATURALLY good looking people is probably the same.

However, women usually put more effort into looking good (and there are more products to help them to do so) than men do. Hence there are more women who appear to be good looking than men.

0|0
    0|0
  • from my personal experience I'd have to say yes I see pretty girls pretty much every day. decent shape, Petty face nice hair. it's very rare that I see a man who has like a really nice jawline, good cheekbones Etc

1|0
    0|2
  • Probably. Men focus less on our physical appearance in general than women. Women obsess over fashion, make-up etc. This is mainly because their attractiveness is mainly based on their looks whereas for men there's more to it e. g. confidence, success, ambition etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, they're both not very common, but I see more handsome men than naturally beautiful women. If you mean beautiful women, as in average or even unattractive women, who use makeup and stuff to enhance their features, then I think that's more common.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think the opposite is true. The threshold for "attractive" is lower for men.
    In his day, women found him attractive. If he were female, we would think "she" was homely.
    Do You Think A Good Looking Man Is Rarer Than A Good Looking Woman?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well he does have good hair but I don't believe for a second women found him attractive. Who is that man?

• Show All
    • Who?

He's average looking not terrible

• Robert mitchum

• No. I think it's just that people put female beauty on a pedastal while choosing not to have a mindset of understanding male beauty.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah so many guys myself included put girls on pedestals Iike they are super human, but then again it's not like there's a ton of male model looking guys walking around

• Show All
    • Can I do something like that? And I'll actually gain more respect from girls?

• Always try. You gotta start somewhere. The more practice you have, the more you learn and the better you get. If you don't start now it will become harder for you to try to do later in life.

• Yes and good lookin guys are cocky cuz they are rare and girls are always after them. Guys please take care of yourself lol

2|0
    0|4
  • Nope!

I don't get the whole thing here at GaG about women having such high standards.

I'm ugly and I know it.

A lot of the guys here are actually good looking, but they claim they are having issues.

I don't get it.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think it is easier for a woman to be perceived as good looking in comparison to men.

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah guys look less refined I guess. Did you ever notice the best looking guys like models have more feminine or exotic features? Feminine is just more beautiful than masculine

• Not really. I see good looking guys and girls often. I'd say that there might be more good looking girls in their late teens to early 20s, but afterwards it levels out and then by the time they're in their 30s and beyond, there's probably more good looking guys than girls.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol I don't think men get better looking as they age, prime for men is like 25-30

• well no one really gets better as they age, but men decline slower than women

• Yeah we do

• Good question.

I don't think so. Mainly because I am straight woman and I don't give as much attention to women. I always notice good looking men wherever i go. And there's plenty of them

0|1
    0|0
    • Just to add to this.
      I come from very large town in England. And here men are very well groomed and stylish. Even my cousins that from from thenother side of the country always notice how well dressed men over here are. With their hair styled, and well put together outfits.

I often visit another town not too far away called Winchester and it's completely different there. Everyone dresses very laid back compared to my home town. A lot of men don't style their hair and often wear casual t-shirts, and genes with converse. It was quite an eye opener to me, I hadn't realised how dressy we all are where I'm from.

• I am a straight woman*
      A very large town*
      Cousins that are from the other side of the country*

• I would say yes, there's good looking women everywhere but I don't tend to notice good looking guys to much.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well I feel that's because there's not a lot of emphasis on guys to take care of their appearance

• no, i think men are more attractive. i think women wear too much makeup.

0|2
    0|1
  • Well women have boobs. So yes. Even a moderately overweight woman can look good in a dress that shows some cleavage.

Guys need to build muscle which takes a lot of hard work and commitment. A woman can put on some makeup before going out.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can just use creatine or something to help body build. I never found dresses to be attractive. Men can put on light undetectable makeup

• Supplements are ludicrously expensive and can also adversely affect your health. There's been numerous cases of people taking them having their main organs fail.

• yes. By far.

But I also suspect that these looks are also some sort of genetic inheretence. Just speculation but I think women evolved to be beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then why are there fairly good looking men like me?

• Show All
    • It was a pleasure to talk to you

• Thanks. Talking to you was the best moment of my life

• I think there are more good looking women, but that might be because guys are somewhat invisible to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah a hot dude is hard to come by. A lot of ugly disgusting dudes out there.

0|0
    0|1
    • A simple, yes, would have sufficed. lol

• Show All
    • @atheistaredumb

Yeah bro I don't buy it, i see lots of average to below average looking guys with average to below average women. Maybe you have to be a 9 for women to chase you and throw themselves at you, but I guarantee you you can be average and get a girl. How did your parents ever meet?

• Being a man i find this hard to answer... my total guess is men as a general assumption care less about appearance, so its tilted that way

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's what I was thinking, and a lot of women wear makeup

• yes but thats because women focus more on their looks over men. speaking for myself i dont care at all about my looks mainly because its trivial. looks dont mean anything if all you're looking for are chill people to make friends with.

0|0
    0|0
    • Suit yourself

• Show All
    • I used to not care at all, was oblivious to it, and I was bullied, so I try to look as good as I can now

• and the fact that you let bullies get to you and drove you to that point is very sad. you dont sound like you love yourself.

• Well women have the advantage of makeup even if some are not good looking by society standards they can pretend to be. But i think everyone is beautiful in thier own way.

0|0
    0|0
    • Men can use light makeup and surgery

• Maybe its just me and my friends but I see way more fit and goodlooking guys than girls. I’ve probably seen like 2 goodlooking girls at my school. And then there's a fucking goddess but she's my girlfriend! :p

0|0
    0|0
    • No I see way more good looking girls than 2 when I'm out like 1 in 10 girls is attractive, at least facially, but that's probably because they use makeup

• Show All
    • If you're above average looking you should have better standards

• Yeah, thats true

• it sucks being a guy
    cause basically if I do not look like a bitch
    im not considered attractive enough
    lol

and im an average looking guy
    but average is not enough
    women want a 9 in looks and no less

0|0
    0|0
    • Average is enough for most, most men in the past who got married were average or below average, average is like half of all men. You should find an average girl or else become perfect looking through plastic surgery

• I do not think so. But there are probably more men who do not pay much effort to their appearence than there are women.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are more men who don't properly keep themselves groomed than women. That's the only reason I can think of that would make your statement true.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, there's not an emphasis on men to take care of their appearance

• I think it’s because a lot of guys look the same nowadays. Same hair. Stubble. Etc. No-one stands out any more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I always see attractive men in my daily life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. So many guys don’t care about hygiene or style. Most take any girl who offers sex. And im here like have some standards jesus.

0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly! Why are men who actually have standards for a potential partner demonized

• Show All
    • Why not

• All the men are taken.

• No, not at all. Half of girls' attractiveness is smoke and mirrors.

0|0
    0|0
    • Surely there are naturally attractive women

• Show All
    • lol no, I don't

• So most girls are fake?

• I think it's due the bias present when evaluating, men tend to think average women are just fine while women seem (I'm not inside their head) to be more picky

0|0
    0|0
  • No, good looking people are rare in general, but if you didn't duck in a while, every girls appears bangable

0|0
    0|0
    • I love how auto correct changes fuck to duck. It's kind of funny but so annoying sometimes when I'm trying to type fuck from my phone and it get changed to duck and even better a duck emoji as one of the options ha

• Remove make up from the equation and the amount of good looking women plummets

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Definitely. As a bi man, I can attest to this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont see attractive women that often.
    I think both are rare

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on what you consider to be a good looking man.

0|0
    0|0
    • His face as more positive features than negative ones

• Still debatable, particular styles work for particular men

• Thats cause women wear makeup if all girls quit wearing makeup i bet it would be similar

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but that’s based on my personal experience so I’m not sure if it’s true

0|0
    0|0
  • I see lots of good looking men but I don’t find them sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|1
    0|0
    • I do, I rarely see good looking men when I'm out, I see good looking women more often

• It's probably the same either way

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I like women anyway so what would I know?

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you think so?

• Show All
    • I think good looking men are very rare, I almost never see them in public, I see some with the potential to be above average but most are in the average zone. I read somewhere that a good looking man is like 1 in 100. So I think a good looking woman would be 1 in 10. A truly good looking unique man like ian somerhalder is probably 1 in thousands, if we are counting the whole world

• Then I'll ask you, can you be sure that your point of view isn't skewed based on your own preferences rather than that of the whole? As a man, I'd agree that I see attractive women more often, but as a person, I can still tell good looking people apart, regardless of gender.

If we go with the first perceivable layer, you could say that it's more common to spot an attractive women, because there's more women using makeup, than there are men who's working out. If we go with the very base however, people usually live roughly the same lifestyle, and both men and women would attempt to be more or less healthy, in some manner.

I believe, that according to our current ideals, enforced by the powers-that-be, have made it so that men has to do less than women, in order to be presentable, can you believe that some women won't even leave their homes without first applying makeup? If we go with this line of thought, isn't it much more simple for a guy to just run a little, and be considered 'good looking'?

Disregarding all that, if men and women could just be themselves, entirely without influence, I still believe that neither gender is more or less prone to be 'good looking'.

It's a very subjective/opinionated topic after all. :)

• No. I think it's equal.

0|0
    0|0
  • One hunnit percent, yes.

0|0
    0|0
    • Any way it will change?

• Show All
    • Yeah I'm not discouraging that at all, I'm just saying that girls look better than us and that's a good thing.

• I'm not actually that bad looking. I just need a nose job and to build some muscles and I'll be set. Girls don't look better than all, but I guess it would seem that way cause they look ideal
      in makeup

• No..

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0