Is it rude to tell a girl she is not pretty?

I am a girl and I told this guy who I personally thought was good looking that I think he is good looking and then he told me thanks.

Then I asked him if he thinks I am pretty and then he replied to me saying "No". He did not say anything else to me besides no after I asked him if he thinks I am pretty. He just said "No" and thats all.
  • Yes, it is rude
  • No, it is not rude
I know I did ask him a question but it still hurt my feelings.

2349

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm sorry you felt hurt.

guys are very direct like that at your age, and stupid and non emotional! and it's unfortunately. who knows what he really thinks if there is something more to it, they often are not expressive of emotion because they don't think with emotion.

What he'll learn to say within another 40 years is, no but I think you are cute, or beautiful, or something positive in another way. There are many classifications. He just left you hanging with nothing but negative feelings. what an idiot !
    you have to learn if you ask you may not get the answer you want and that is ok. Learn to ask differently! e. g. "what do you think of me right now?".

• Yes, it was rude, but you also need to grow up and realize that you won't be attractive to everyone, and that you shouldn't ask questions if you aren't prepared to hear the answer.

Guys get told that they are unattractive by girls all the time, and it never feels great, but if you ask the question, then you know that's a possible answer.

Most Helpful Girls

• It don’t have to hurt your feelings. A guy rejected me before telling me that I was the ugliest girl he have ever seen. He was an overweighted nerd, and guess what? I am dating one of the most handsome guys of my promotion. I don’t see him attractive just because of love, but Practically all the girls wanted to date him, because he was truly gorgeous, tall, sporty , green emerald eyes. the fat nerdy guy that insulted me looked like a real potato in front of him. So when this hot guy confessed to me , and told me that I was totally his type, I truly freaked out lmao. Maybe you will find someone more handsome than this guy , that will love you

• Guys are more straightforward and clear than women are. They report on observation and not emotions. They're more aware of visual elements I'd say.

Don't take it personally, hon!

Next time don't ask...