What fashion phases have you gone through?

I never resonated with the fashion trends of my peers. Back in highschool I had long hair and only wore band shirts from my favorite heavy metal groups. After highschool I cut my hair and wanted to look more rugged and outdoorsy. And now I'm back to wearing all black but I don't limit myself to band shirts exclusively and I'd say it's a more "refined rockstar" sort of look. I'm growing my hair out again too but not as long, probably no more than chin length if I even go that far.What fashion phases have you gone through?What fashion phases have you gone through?What fashion phases have you gone through?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1: the casual pastel phase (5-11)
    2: the formal black phase (12-14)
    3: the formal fedora phase (15-18)
    4: the casual fedora phase (19)
    5: the formal goth phase (20)
    6: the casual woolen phase (21-?)

This is just guesstimated, tbh I don't know exactly. And a rough name for the phase lol they were kinda weird...

0|1
    0|0
  • I was in a very colorful phase for a while, then switched to more on the gothic side in my earlier teen years, now I dress kinda girly some days, and other days I'm back to all black, kinda edgy style.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Always nice to mix things up. I kept wearing my band shirts occasionally throughout and I mostly wear black now but sometimes I'm back to flannel

• I started having fashion phases in middle school. I went from all black to ripped jeans and graphic tees to just being comfortable with what I wear and now I take inspiration from earlier decades into how I dress. I still love wearing black though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never really did... I've never expressed myself through fashion for some reason. I dont have the fashion gene.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Haha well I've done my research on what would look best on me so I'm blending that with what I want to express

• Show All
    • 5d

Ah okay gotcha. Does it make you feel good to do that stuff?

• 5d

Yes! I feel more confident in the mirror and going out. I look better than I ever could have just continuing without learning any of it. Though I don't always strictly follow the fashion rules

• Mom's hand-me-down fancy clothing phase (middle school)
    Goth phase (last bit of middle school, pre highschool)
    Sweater phase (begginning highschool)
    Streetwear phase (Now)

0|0
    0|0
  • T-shirt + leggings/sport shorts (elementary)
    Bright colors and boy's shoes (6th/7th - awkward stage)
    Basically like everybody else (ripped jeans, hoodie, rebooks... ) - now

0|0
    0|0
  • Is that last photo you? Doesn't look like it.

Doesn't matter. I like your style. My style os similar but more grungy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went through a phase where I let my mother pick my clothes

1|0
    0|0
  • Tight clothes and the phase where my mom picked my outfits.

0|0
    0|0
  • None my type of fashion has remained constant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in a maxidress/maxiskirt phase.

0|0
    0|0
  • 15-19 I wore bands shirts daily, black Jean's or leggings with all black Van's and flannels and beanies. I had my hair dyed black. My junior year photo I wore a black shirt so all you can see in it is just a floating face 😂

19- now (21) some band shirts and beanies. Hoodies are life with leggings. Actually own a pair of bikes now lol

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I wore a death metal shirt for my school ID photo as a senior lol

Recommended myTakes