Most Helpful Girl
Nope, only way to go lighter is bleach. What I would suggest is just leave it alone and let it grow out on it's own. It you use good quality dyes/bleaches then your hair should be fine. Also if you use them properly. I have highlights in the lower layer of my hair of red, yellow and orange and I have to re-dye them every month to five weeks if I want to keep them looking brights. I've never had problems with dead hair or damaged hair. I know how to use it and I know what brands to buy so it's alright.
So here's what I suggest, your hair will grow out it's natural color, and, with normal washing (every other day, that's the best way) the color should start to fade out on it's own as well. However, if it's bleached underneath that won't wash out and you'll just have to wait for your hair to grow out full before it goes back to normal.
So, don't try bleach on your own, it's really easy to f*** up and destroy your hair, mind you that isn't too big a deal because it'll grow back soon enough, but it's still not pleasant. So just leave it, and if you ever want to dye it again try temporary dyes or semi-perminant so that it'll wash out faster if you don't like it. And don't bleach unless you absolutely have to.