Girls, I often highlight my hair to make hair thinning less noticeable. Ladies would you understand this?

So I was born with a dirty dishwater blonde hair. I got all three colors; red, brown and some blonde.

As a kid I hated being a semi redhead. Hated it. I was the only kid in my family of 5 who inherited the ginger gene.

It me feel ugly and made me a target for bullies. Fortunately hair bleaching was trendy in the 90’s. I did it and kept doing it. It boosted my confidence and fooled most people. My eyebrows are semi blond so it was believable.

So I did this all through my 20s. But around 28 my hair started thinning. I got hair treatment to halt the damage. The bald spot is towards the front of my scalp but it’s barely noticeable when my hair is dry and combed right. But also when my hair is highlighted the spot is much less noticeable.

So I’m planning on getting hair replacement surgery. It’s not cheap, but in the meantime I keep highlighting my hair. I’ve been doing it for 20 years now.

Ladies could you understand why a 38 yr old man does this? I do NOT look good with a shaved by the way.
1