What are the top five things a guy needs to have to be noticed by a girl in a good way?
What Girls Said 79
These are HUGE things for me when I notice a guy.
1. Is he a gentleman. Does he hold open doors for others, says thank you for things. Shows a lot about his character.
2. Does he seem really friendly (like does he seem inviting to talk to) mainly body language plays a big role. If you're laughing or smiling and just seem happy I'm more likely to want to be around you.
3. The way you dress (overall appearance). The way you dress shows how much you take care of yourself. You don't have to dress like a model haha, but wearing a bright red striped shirt with checker pants gives me the wrong vibe. If your hair is really messy or dirty, makes me think you MAY be a messy person could also show being lazy. This isn't the case for all, but a guy with clean clothes and hair says a lot.
4. Your sense of humor, I'm more drawn to a guy if they have a sense of humor and can joke around easily. I like sarcasm, and I would want to be able to laugh about anything with a guy.
5. Confidence is key. I can understand with shy guys. It just takes more time to get them comfortable around you. I've like this guy for 3 years and he's pretty shy in the relationships department. Girls will like him for 2 months and move on because he isn't throwing himself all over them. Shy guys more often than not require patience ha ha and I've got plenty :)
- Show AllShow Less
Attractiveness. Not gonna lie, that will make me notice someone.
Interesting. I don't want some lame, generic dude, a guy needs to have a unique personality. And I don't mean any faux-intellectual sh*t either, but an actual genuine personality. It's surprisingly hard to come by, in the general population.
Similar interests. If a guy has a similar taste in music, books, movies, whatever, it's such a huge plus, you don't even know. If a guy has an awesome record collection, I'm likely to propose marriage. Just kidding, of course, but if a guy likes all of the sh*t I do (especially the random, weird, sort of trivial stuff) I sometimes like them based on almost that alone. Also, their willingness to talk about this a lot.
Creativity. Making music/playing an instrument, art, writing, photography. All of these things are a huuuge plus. Especially if they're good at it.
Being a chill person. They don't take themselves too seriously and have a good sense of humor. That, at the core of it, is what matters most.
Adding on to that "sense of humor" point - they have to share my sense of humor. Hella sarcasm, dark humor, pop culture and "internet" references. Man, I should have made that one of my things, getting my references. I hate when people don't get my references.
Generally, we just need to be on the same wavelength.
- Show AllShow Less
1.) Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That is TOP for me because I'm a Christian and I need someone who I can pray and come closer to the Lord with. Someone who can help me and join me in my journey to become closer to the Lord.
2.) Confidence- I don't care what you look like or where you've been, but if you put on a smile and have good confidence, it'll make me weak in the knees! Lol
3.) Good hygiene- I know this is a given, but honestly, there is no bigger turn off than a guy who stinks! (unless he JUST came back from a sport or the gym. Then I can understand!)
4.) Passion- My mom always tells me that I go for the guys who have a huge goal in life or a passion. I myself am passionate and when I meet a guy who has a love in life or is working toward a major goal, it just gets me! Lol the guy I'm interested in right now plays college baseball and he loves it. He glows when he plays or talks about it and it gives me chills! (:
5.) A good sense of humor- no relationship will last (especially with me!) if the couple doesn't have a good sense of humor, this one is pretty important! (:
But yeah, my list may seem long, but honestly I don't think it's too much to ask! I've met plenty of guys who meet this criteria so yeah! (: I hoped this answered your question well!
- Show AllShow Less
1. Actually approach her. You don't have to be some smooth talker, but I can't know you exist and are interested if you're eying me from halfway across the room. Say hey, what's up? Introduce yourself, compliment my t-shirt, ask if I listen to the Strokes because I remind you of a song they play. SOMETHING. don't worry about stammering or looking like an ass - most girls find it completely endearing.
2. BE CONSISTENT! there's nothing like a hearty dosage of MIXED SIGNALS. this happens when guys take the dumbass advice of society and get all flaky to not look desperate. You can be consistent without looking clingy. I don't need a text every day, maybe every two days. SAY HELLO in the text, don't ask me a stupid question to get the conversation started. Just say hey so I can know you were just thinking of me rather than using me for useless trivia.
3. Don't doubt your worth! I've seen a lot of shy guys start thinking 'OMG, she's so perfect! I don't DESERVE HER!' major pet peeve because then you're hot and cold beating yourself up and confusing women. know what you want in the girl, know that you're awesome, and know that she's awesome. you deserve each other as long as you're both giving the same amount of effort.
4. ASK HER OUT. it doesn't have to be some romantic getaway. just go 'hey, wanna grab a coffee?' make it spare of the moment if you're too nervous to plan anything. throw her a bone like 'i really wanted to see that harry potter movie, but nobody wants to go with me" she may just volunteer herself.
5. DON'T try and make her jealous by flirting with other women. only adds to the confusion.
basically, don't be confusing!
what I notice and like about guys:
-friendly personality (say hi and bye don't ignore a girl)
-funny (but not too many jokes about sex, a few are OK though)
-confidence (you don't have to be super bold just not shy)
-eye contact (it shows that your interested in her)
Ur looks really don't matter to me, they're a plus, but no one is gonna find that guy or girl that looks like they model for abercrombie and fitch
- Show AllShow Less
1. He needs to be funny
2. He's got to be nice/approachable
3. If he was tall it's a plus (taller than 5'6)
4. Seems intellectual or at least not shallow
5. Not be boring of course!
Being handsome isn't really a must for me... a sixth thing for me personally would be if he could sing :D Good question! What would the top 5 things for a girl to get noticed be?
- Show AllShow Less
1. Major, non-negotiable thing: he needs to look/ be clean! This, my friend, is not something a man can work around, not even Brad Pitt.
2. He needs to be confident! Never cocky, but self-assurance is key.
3. He needs to be well-dressed. I'm not saying Prada loafers and an Armani suit (although it would be nice), but a decent button-down dress shirt in white with a pair of dark-wash jeans and black or brown loafers is universally flattering (and super stylish without looking metro).
4. He needs a great smile, and by great, I mean welcoming. This does not mean that you have to have a Crest-White-Strips-smile, but you do need to have a good "how you doin'?" smile down pat. Ideally, a guy's smile will ooze confidence, which is totally essential to a great smile, but without seeming creepy.
5. Last, but not least, the ideal guy must seem approachable and friendly, so that if (and when) he approaches a girl, she'll be at ease around him.
The number one thing that instantly turns me off about a guy is their lack of confidence. It doesn't matter (within reason) how much they do not look like my ideal type, if they walk around with an aura of confidence (but not cockiness), they will instantly get my attention.
This is the number one thing I particularly look for. I can't speak for all women.
- Show AllShow Less
For first impressions what makes me take notice is;
1. Lovely eyes (blue or green)
2. Height (being tall I just don't notice guys shorter than about 5ft 11)
3. A casual/sporty style (just my preference in a guy)
4. Build (could be slim, could be well built, but skinny or muscle-man)
5. Smile (if it reaches his eyes, it's all good)
Also their general attitude; if they come across arrogant that's a turn off, quietly confident is perfect! Shy is quite sweet!
- Show AllShow Less
1. He must carry himself well. It does not matter if a man is super skinny or a bit on the heavy side, he should always take care of himself. Don't slouch or dress trashy. Sorry boys, but the pants down to the knees just ain't cutting it! You may draw my attention, but I promise it isn't in a good way!
2. He must have good hygiene. So, I realize that a hard-working man may have smelly feet when he takes off his shoes. However, that is no excuse for the smelly pits. Put some deodorent on those things NOW! PS-Cologne (smelling good) is pretty attractive. :)
3. You must be somewhat intelligent. You don't have to have graduated at the top of your class to draw my attention, but please use proper grammar. It's a turn-on when a guy seems intelligent to an extent depending on the woman's personal preference.
4. You must be respectful. Don't talk about my friends and/or family. They were in my life before you were. Don't pressure me to have sex if I say no the first time. I didn't want to five minutes ago, so why would I change my mind? Manners are also a must. It's very sweet if you get the door for me. It's a big turn-on. And don't stop doing it after we have been together forever!
5. You need to have a good personality overall. This is pretty much self explanatory. There is a time to be silly and a time to be serious. Care about me, love me and whatever you do, make sure you SHOW me rather than just tell me. Respect me, once again. Just prove to me why I should give you a chance and don't cheat on me for God's sake. Just treat me right and love me is all I'm asking for.
- Show more from Girls 69
What Guys Said 23
You need to work through the shyness.
Step 1: Say 'Hi' to five women a day you don't know. Just 'hi'. If they chat back, chat with them, but it doesn't matter, you are just getting used to saying 'hi'.
Step 2: Once step 1 is reasonably easy, try to strike up a conversation with 5 women a day. Many will blow you off. It doesn't matter. You are just practicing building confidence in this situation, being relaxed, yourself.
Step 3: talk to girls all over the place, be yourself, be present, don't worry about outcome.
Step 4: start flirting with girls. See what gets a good response, what doesn't. Again, don't worry about outcome, you are simply learning about interaction.
Step 5: approach at least 5 girls a week, make a genuine effort to chat with them and flirt and _see if you are actually interested in them_. If you are, ask them out, or for phone number, etc.
Having confidence, approaching girls, talking to them, being relaxed, remembering not to impress them but rather see if they impress you - these are skills to be practiced.
Money, expensive car, money, 12 inch d***, money LOL HAHAHA No offense, but true with a few people, not the majority of girls by any means, Thank God! Good question, I'd love to know myself...
1. Have a nice hook shot, smooth with a touch of flare
2. He needs to know the difference between a radiator and the motor.
3. Own a gun.
4. Must be unemotional (everybody likes to talk to stone walls)
5. Must have an awesome beard.
(Well these are the things I would look for in a guy if I was a girl)
try to get to the gym and show the hoppies which you are top at to give yourself the confident and to overcome being shy just be confident of your self and try to be attractive try to keep and maintain your eyes on her eyes . try to learn from the successful boys in relationships what they do with girls and compare your self with them I hope I helped and I am sorry for the bad grammer
2. Look good, be physically-good-looking
3. Have a Life, or be Independent
4.Have good social skills, conversation skills,
5. right attitude, right mentality, right way or thinking
1. A vagina
5. Long hair
Good thing this list is limited to the top 5. lol
A guys list is generally much shorter: 1) Hot
Just kidding here btw.
All else will follow. The biggest question is to realize what is love?
- Show more from Guys 13
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.