What's better: Weave/lace front wigs or a Perm?

Von705
Okay, this is weird, but I need your guys' opinion on something. I was wondering which one is better, wearing lace wigs or perming your hair? I'm asking because my mother and I are always debating which one is the best. My mother has been getting perms all her life, still doing it. She HATES weaves and wigs. She always says, ”It looks too fake, or you should just wear your real hair.” My sister and I try to explain to her how perms can be very damaging to the hair. Maybe, because my mother being old school, that's why she feels this way. My mother is 48. I wish I would've worn braids and weaves a lot sooner. All through junior high and high school, my hair was very damaged. Even for my prom, my hair was not done properly and ended up looking like a hot mess. During that time, perm’s would be the only thing I would get. Everyone would always make fun of my hair. Since I finished high school, I've been only wearing lace front wigs, weaves, and box braids. I’ve been trying to get my hair to grow back. For two years, I have not worn my natural hair or had a perm. But, do you agree with my mother, that perms are better?
What's better: Weave/lace front wigs or a Perm?
Add Opinion