Is an oversized t-shirt with short shorts ever a fashionable look?

Anonymous
Thats my girlfriend wearing it, shes 18. Im 20.
That's my girlfriend wearing it, she's 18. I'm 20.
My girlfriend was curious about this topic, and I asked her if it's fine if I ask the question online and use an example pic of her wearing it. She said it's fine.

My girlfriend doesn't necessarily AIM for her oversized shirts to always cover her shorts, and even in the example pic it doesn't cover them all the way unless she has both arms down... but since her shorts are all pretty short, it just ends up happening anyway.

People seem to either have 2 extreme reactions to this outfit. Either they think it's cute as fuck, or go OMG GIRL WHERE ARE YOUR PANTS.

I think the latter reaction is rather silly, since it's obvious she'd be wearing shorts.

She usually just wears this for chill casual occasions. Like the beach, the gym, grocery shopping, hanging out with friends, going for walks, etc. Nothing professional or serious.

Personally, I think the look is pretty cute and hot. But she's curious if it's "fashionable", and I'm no expert.
Yes it is.
No it isn't.
GirlGuy
3
3