What kinds of styles and dresses?
Most Helpful Girl
Lol, I love the question, mainly because I was looking in my closet this morning and asking myself the same question. As a rule of thumb:
(1) If I'm wearing a strapless dress/top, I toss a shrug over it and keep that on at the start of the evening.
(2) If I'm wearing something that shows off my long legs, I try not to pair it with a top that's too low/revealing.
(3) Shear/lightly patterned stockings if it's too cold out to go bare-legged.
(4) No flats. Break out the heels. Nothing that you can't walk in "with swag."
(5) Do your hair. Go easy on the make-up. Mascara and lipstick/gloss are usually musts in the evenings.
(6) One bold color will help you stand out in the crowd; it could be a blouse, shrug, or jewelry. It should be a top, not a bottom, unless you're talking about a dress.
(7) Avoid anything with a floral pattern; I saw that at a club once and it looked like the girl had taken a wrong turn to a garden party. An abstract pattern with sexy swirls is better for an evening out.
(8) The sexiest thing you can wear is a smile. ;-)