High heels - yes or no?

Hello ! So, today is my prom. I bought my first heels, they have about 10 centimeters. I never walked on heels before, of any height. I think I walk good and stuff, that's not the issue. my question is.. Am I too tall to wear them? I'm 1,73m, taller than most of my friends. I'm also scared of spraining my ankle... I love sports, so that would be horrible... to add to the problem, I'm currently recovering from an injury on my shoulder and I wouldn't have the strength to use crutches :(

66

Most Helpful Girl

• ├ŁES. Always say yes to heels and walk with confidence no matter how tall you are heels are important.

What Guys Said 6

• You'll look better in them, don't worry about height. You'll be 6' in heels, so any guy who is 6' will, in shoes, still be an inch or so taller then you.

THe issue is whether you can walk on them!

Practice, practice practice, get tips, and don't rush.

• You're not too tall, but I don't think your prom is the ideal time to be trying to walk in heels for the first time. I don't think you'll seriously hurt your body but your ego may get bruised after you trip a couple of times trying to dance in them.

• Most guys like heels. It accentuates your bum, hips and chest, especially the first two while walking. I advice you to bring some spare flat shoes in your purse, just in case. And have your date hold your arm to be stable when walking up some stairs.

• i agree -- and I am one of those guys who likes a girl/woman in heels...insanely sexy!

• Always wear high heels never stop wearing them. flip flops and tennis shoes make women look like they are trashy and lazy.

• I don't think you are too tall...of course I love tall girls (or short or medium)...I don't have any answer regarding possible injury...that is why I don't like heels...I don't want my woman to hurt herself..):

• Yes!

Heels = awesome!

Wear them!

What Girls Said 5

• I think a 10 cm heel is too high for a girl that is tall like you as you would look really tall even taller than the guys but if you feel comfortable that's what matters...

and if you never wear heels before 10 cm is high and its not that easy to walk on after hours...i am experience I wear heels all the time I am 1,52 lol 10 cm and I still pretty short...i have 20 cm too lol

• If you're a senior wear them!

• Just don't run in them and you'll be fine

• Yes! Heels!

• Wedges are great for beginners