Medical question - Swollen gums, sore throat & sore on tongue

Anonymous
I am looking for medical advice from my current symptoms. I'm currently outside of my country so if I can avoid expensive medical bills I'd rather do it.

Day one I developed a sore throat and by evening had what looked like tonsillitis. (swollen throat and tonsils which were red with lots of white spots.) I was very tired and slept alot. I also had a slight fever.

Day 2 My throat was more sore and there were more white spots. As well my gums about my top, right incisors (front, corner of mouth) was slightly swollen and sore if I pressed my finger on it. (not sore otherwise) I slept a lot this day to and had a fever off and on.

Day 3 My throat was the same, very sore and the white spots were still there, I also developed a weak cough. My gum lines was still the same - swollen in the same place and still sore to touch (like a bruise)

Day 4 My throat was still sore, the white spots on my tonsils were less though. The swelling on my gum line had spread to a few smaller other places, however not sore unless pressure was put on them. Difficult to brush teeth because of the pain it caused on my gums. I also developed a sore area on the right side of the tip of my tongue. It just looks like a cluster of slightly enlarged taste buds (not very noticeable to look at, but quite painful) I still have an occasional weak cough.

Day 5 my throat was much less sore and almost all the white spots on my tonsils are gone. It seems my throat is almost healed. However my gums are sore which makes brushing teeth difficult and the sore area on my tongue is still there.

I had a little more of a cough today.

Day 6 - Today. My throat is a lot better, no longer very sore and very few white spots. I still have a cough though. The spot on my tongue is 2X the size it started and my gums are still swollen and sore...

Any suggestions? I have no idea what is going on... :(

+1 y
To add I have been on Sulpa antibiotics for 4 days now
+1 y
Sulfamethoxazole - Trimethoprim. And my throat is no longer sore, it is just my gums and the sore area on my tongue.

+1 y
All is back to normal now and has been for a while.. I still don't know exactly what it was... strange!
3
4