Do you look at your keyboard when you type?

... Or do you have the keys memorized my muscle memory?
  • I look
  • I don't look
THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY LOVLIES :* xoxoxooxoxox
lol... I look * blushes* You all suck! ahahha

3230

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 29

• Nope. But I've been on computers since I was 6 so it's very natural. I can usually read other stuff, type, feel mistakes as they happen and correct them without looking. It's pretty handy.

In other news, my handwriting is terrible, and I have to think a lot about spelling while handwriting stuff hahaha

• I don't have to, most of the time. I actually don't even type in the proper way ( link ) but I can usually type quite fast and with decent enough accuracy. I only look right before I start typing and then I go.

• I used to the first year I started typing (wow, has it really been around 8 years?).

Not now though, no. Except for the occasional time I'm just having a really off typing/spelling day. The main time I really look is when typing numbers.

• They taught us not to look back in typing class in junior high. I learned to type on these things called "typewriters", haha. That makes me feel old as f*ck.

• I don't have to look, I find myself typing in the dark or whilst talking to people... it's difficult though when I change keyboard, for a day or so since the spacing is different.

• I'm pretty good but still look at the keyboard once in a while. It think that its because I take NY hands away from the keyboard a lot because I am not writing essays or anything anymore

• I type about 90 words a minute... what do you think? LOL.

• No. It took me a long time to get there, but I can type without looking. I actually taught myself with a cheap learning tool that was designed for children on the web. lol

• i played world of warcraft with 30+ keybinds for years, I can type while peeing in a bottle and yelling on Skype.

• Not really.

Once I get my fingers at the "a-s-d-f, j-k-l-; " position I don't need to look down anymore. :)

• Show more from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 32

• Nope! My parents forced me to do this dumb typing game when I was really young, but I guess I should thank them for it now cause I can type pretty quick without looking at the keyboard!

• Hah mine too! My mom used to give me typing tests. I hated them then, but it came in handy now

• Mostly no. Unless it's the numbers on top or the keys I don't use often. So its like 90% looking at the screen and 10% looking at those annoying keys I don't use often but don't find the time to memorize since passing Keyboarding class Freshman year. lol

• I don't need to look. I've been typing my whole life practically! I learned to type on a typewriter as a kid so it forced me to learn the proper hand placement.

• No I can type 84 words per min without looking no mistakes and 96 with some mistakes

Trying to teach my sister but her interest in it is as much as I have in learning to drive

• Nah, I've got the whole thing memorised... Don't know if that's a good or bad thing but its certainly handy when your taking notes in lectures and watching TV :D

• Nope. I can type with my eyes closed or looking away, and have my sentences be correct or very accurate.

• Only when I begin to start a sentence, or if I have to go back to erase something. For the most part, though, nope.

• I don't look at my keyboard because when I was in 5th-8th grade we had keyboarding lessons in computer class and were forced to learn it. I'm not sure if they still do this today or not though.

• Yep I look :) Not as versed in it as some of these other guys but soon I will be :)

• Sometimes. Usually not. I took keyboarding class throughout middle and high school so I can type pretty acurately at a quick speed.

• Show more from Girls
    22