So I am dating this man now.. it will be our fourth date. I've known him for about 3 years though. We just kept contact through text so he knows how I am for the most part.. So we have a date this Friday night and we were talking about our plans.. he said to me "but are you willing to wear heels?"
I'm sorry but I find that comment to be extremely annoying. One time another guy I went on a date with.. I arrived at his house to drive with him to the restaurant and when he saw me the first thing he said was "oh I thought you would get dressed up". I almost slapped him.. bc in my eyes.. I was dressed up lol. I just wasn't wearing heels.
Another guy I briefly dated.. we were talking through text and heels came up.. I told him that I wear them about 3 times a year and he said "omg, so you don't wear heels out for date night?".
What the hell is the problem? I dress how I want to dress.. I am not showing up to my dates in sweatpants.. The clothing I wear "out" is reserved just for that. In my day to day life, I work with children and so I'm a little more reserved. I feel like men put women up on some pedestal and we are to act or look a certain way.
Do other women have this problem too? Or how do men really feel about this?
Most Helpful Guy
DONT WEAR THOSE STUPID HEELS!
I may speak for a small, yet VOCAL group of men when I say don't wear them, at least not frequently if you must.
1. That sound is annoying. I don't want to hear some random woman clodding down a hall from 50 meters away.
2. They are terrible for your health and many women have associated problems especially around their knees from wearing them all their life.
3. The appearance is an illusion. I'm sure if you made me stamp around on my tip toes i'd look sexy too. (that won't catch on very fast. Men in heels. HA.)
4. It's reminiscent of an old Chinese practice called foot-binding where instead of wearing a shoe to make your gait look sexy, they'd break your foot over a sustained period of your entire childhood to make the shape.
5. They're your shoes, and you should wear them as you please. Don't let jack offs fool you into doing something you don't want to. The power of suggestion is a force to be reckoned with.
But strictly factual, heels are really bad for you.3