They will either be long with split ends or short and healthy, but not really.
Most Helpful Girl
A lot of companies insist that they have certain hair products (conditioners and other hair treatments) that are able to "seal up" your split ends, hence "solving" the problem. But they don't work, actually. And if they do, it's only temporary. There's really not much you can do about your split ends. The only way to truly get rid of them is by cutting them off. If you don't cut them off, they'll end up splitting further up, which means you have to cut off more and more of your hair as time goes by.
There are some things you can do to PREVENT your ends from splitting, though.
1. Don't wash your hair every day, or even every other day. Your hair needs the natural oils that your scalp produces in order to become healthier and stronger.
2. Don't use curling/straightening irons excessively. Over time, they will damage your hair and make it dry and brittle, which will cause split ends to occur. Also try to let your hair dry naturally after you've washed it. And if you have to dry it with a hair dryer for one reason or another, at least let it dry on its own for a while until it's damp.
3. Put some Moroccan oil on the ends of your hair. It makes the ends a little stronger as well as revitalizes your hair in general.
4. Don't use one of these brushes www.fendrihan.com/.../kent-og2-hair-brush.jpg
You should preferably use one of these www.c4dcafe.com/.../...2-0-91319000-1367278626.jpg
The reason why is because the first brush tends to brush your hair more harshly, and if your hair is on the dryer side, it might cause your hair to slightly break.
5. Make sure you use a good quality shampoo and conditioner. Aussie has some really good conditioners.
- Show AllShow Less