How do I reply to just an emoji?

When there is nothing to talk about all this guy does is send like a kissy face emoji. I dont know how to respond to that to keep the conversation going.
How do I reply to just an emoji?

2744

Most Helpful Guys

• I send a funny meme condemning thier use of emojis. Showing that
    1. It's not the brevity of the text that bothers you but the lack of conversational content
    2. It's not a big deal. Written text usually feels more formal using a meme kind of softens it. I argue strictly in memes or in person.
    3. It's completely okay to use pictures. He'll start using memes too.

Using a meme also stops you from rambling.

• I have this male friend who always sends me memes when he wants to let me know he is thinking of me. If he has something to tell me he either call me or text me real content text. So is this guy. He just want to keep in touch and kind of make you think of him.

• Sometimes when there's not much left to say the conversation just fizzles out. There's point in trying to force the conversation so some people will have short responses to let it end on its own.

This is not a case of lack of interest, there just maybe very little to talk about at that specific time

Most Helpful Girls

• Sometimes you don't have to, that just means he's happy. You could respond back with another emoji and that'd be fine.

• Just send a heart emoji and leave it at that. Don't try to force the conversation to continue if there isn't much to talk about. And ending at a point where you still want to talk will just give you something to be excited about - next time you talk/talking again.