Rapid escalation and even quicker de-escalation. What just went wrong?

Anonymous
I hit up this girl on an online dating site who I thought had a very interesting profile. We chatted via the app, then she quickly asked for my Kik and Skype. I gave it, and we had a great chat for 2 hours. She asked me for my pics. She then started talking about sex and send me a nude of herself. Laughing all the way through. It was late (like 2am) so we had to say goodnight as we had work on the next day. She wanted to go skinny dipping with me!

Next day: Ignored my messages throughout, then confessed in the evening that she changed her mind and doesn't feel a spark of attraction when she looks at my face.
I tried to convince her that we haven't even met in real life and that we got along so well. She said she's happy to just be friends though out of politeness.

Can anyone please explain the psychology behind this behavior? What does it mean? Like, why did she start talking to me about sex after I showed her my pics if she wasn't interested?
1
1