Shyness/anxiety holding me back romantically(I know I am overthinking this and I have not found a way to prevent myself from doing that.) ?

Anonymous
I'm in college and I have never had any experience with anything guys regarding romance or flirting or dating or anything. Anyway, at the end of last term I met a guy and I developed a crush on him pretty fast. I hung out with him a couple times always with his roommates and a mutual friend. He seemed interested in me then. We would make eye-contact occasionally and then look away and smile. My friend gave me his snapchat and then snapchatted him with my phone and we snapchatted a bit. I snapchatted him the next day and it was pretty awkward. We hung out a couple weeks later and watched tv in his room and didn't say much. Then, the term ended and we had a month and a half break during which I snapchatted him a few times. He never once snapchatted me first. At the beginning of break he seemed happy when I snapchatted him but it grew increasingly awkward. I just got back to school a couple days ago. The first night my friend and I invited him to hang out with us and he showed up late because he had just showered. It was awkward and there was a lot of silence but we did talk a little. The next day me and that same friend asked if he wanted to hang out and he said he was busy but he could hang out that night. My friend said she couldn't that night but I could and he said he would let me know or something like that. The time he said he was free came around and he never contacted me so I decided, on the advice of some friends to ask him if he still wanted to hang out. He said sure and said I could come over whenever. I put on a tv show that we had both only seen parts of. We didn't talk for the rest of the night until I decided to leave and I said it was late and I should probably go to bed. Is he just nervous? Could he possibly like my friend instead of me? Was my own shyness and awkardness a turn off? Is he just trying to be nice? What is going on? I apologise for the longwindedness of this, I don't know how to be brief when it comes to stories.
+1 y
I don't know
1
1