Is it me or my self esteem?

Anonymous
My self esteem is increasing bit by bit... But for some reason I'm still not the best at accepting compliments. There was this guy in class who I thought was cute, but not SUPERcute to where I'd date him. He was like, "Hey you're cute." Like whoopy-doo, just outta the blue he approaches me with that line. Then he goes so far as to say, "And I love your smile. Smile again. Please smile again." I mean I don't know if its due to my lack of attraction to him, or what, but i always kinda come off as rude. Its not as to where he saw my full reaction, but yea I don't know. But i do this with lots of guys, even cute ones. I guess I often feel they don't mean it. Then again... Well I don't know. But when he told me to smile, i reacted like this...

cdn.gurl.com/.../annoyed-gif.gif

Luckily, he didn't see this last part, at least I don't think. I'm not sure why i react so, so... SARCASTICALLY? I'm happy that he even gives me the time of day. Yet my facial expressions often come off as if I don't appreciate it. Maybe i have a biitch-reflex or something. Lol its like guys compliment me and in turn they get this:

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../why.gif

Do you think its a result of my somewhat low self esteem or am I just being bitchy? I'd really like some good advice rather than be bashed.
Its you and your attitude.
Its your low self esteem.
GirlGuy
Is it me or my self esteem?
1
0