GIRLS: How important is it how a guy asks you out on a date?

Anonymous
Say if you ask a girl out in a particular way will she reject the offer rather than accept?

I'm interested in the answer to this question because I have been flirting with a co-worker, and she was flirting with me and everyone at work told me she liked me so I finally got the courage to ask her out (though after a lot of pushing by my colleagues), though it was extremely awkward as I was nervous and I stumbled over my words but I did do it in person, her answer was “I have a bf, though I don’t want you to think i wouldn't, and I now hope this doesn't make it awkward between us” (and yes she does have a bf) . Did she reject me because it was awkward and i was too nervous?

So Girls would you reject a guy if when asking you out he was very nervous and the situation was awkward?

Furthermore, how important is it to ask a girl in person, will you respect a guy more if he does it in person?
2
2