How should I start a conversation with a cute girl I've never seen before?

Meesterlijk
She had beautiful red, curling hair; sparkling blue eyes, the kindest smile I've seen in a long time and a cute Christmas sweater (I love it when girls wear Christmas sweaters in February)... I was immediately VERY attracted to her. I smiled when she walked by. She smiled when she saw me smiling at her. She sat a few rows in front of me and I WANTED to walk up to her and say something. But I didn't. The train was filled with people and everyone was silent. I did not know what to say and how to approach her and I was scared. I told myself that if she went out at the same station as I did, I would talk to her outside. Of course, she left the train at another station (only 8 minutes from the place she entered). She got away. I now regret the fact that I didn't do anything.
How should I handle a situation like this? When I don't know how she would react? How would you feel if someone you've never seen before walks up to you and tells how he's attracted to you? What things would you say, what things should I have said to her?
2
1