My boyfriend cheated on me a while ago, now i'm always worried about getting attached.. how do I get over something like this?

Anonymous
he cheated on his ex with me a while ago. I didn't know about it at first then later on i found out broke up with him, and he broke up with her, and now we're together.

I love him a lot. I'm worried he might cheat on me. He says he wouldn't because he's very happy with me and what not. but im scared that a moment something goes wrong he will and that he'll keep it from me. I truly believe he is happy with me and that as of right now I couldnt see him cheating on me. But i keep bringing up the past and saying how im worried and sometimes when certain stuff pops up i get worried again once i think that I've forgotten about it. and i know when i bring it up he goes really silent and it takes a bit of a toll on our relationship. I don't know what to do? do i just stop mentioning it? how do i get over it? i dont want to end things, things are going great besides the occasional blip of me being reminded and getting worried
+1 y
please dont respond with "once a cheater always a cheater" he was with his ex for 7 years. she told me they had a lot of issues, not a valid excuse for his actions but anyways. only reply with responses as to how i can get over it or trust him again or helpful advice around this! thanks
2
6