Is the ball in my court or his court? Confused... please help?

Anonymous
Ok, so I sort of like this guy, and I'm pretty sure he likes me back. The problem is we are both sort of shy.

His best friend is dating my sister, and so I went to his best friend to ask for his phone number (which was a big deal to me). The problem is I worded it funny, and I'm pretty sure they think that I was asking for his number for my friend who doesn't even know him, when really I was using her as an excuse to ask. So the guys response through his best friend was "I don't text"-- which might be slightly true cause I've only seen him use his phone like twice, but I know he Snaps, and I am not sure whether it was just cause they misinterpreted my message and he doesn't want to text a stranger, or what.(By the way-- this is a long-distance situation).

On other occasions his friend (my sisters BF) has said things that really imply that this guy is into me. Such as, the BF sent flowers on Valentine's Day with a note attached including "tell (me) that (the guy) says hi." So when my sister sent something back, she included in the note "tell (the guy) that (I) says hi" and later when BF and sister were on the phone BF said "you still don't know what he said" but then "telling you might be breaking the bro code" and on other occasions he has asked me if I miss the guy, and he has often talked about how his friend is "such a stud"-- which they seem to all say about him, but more when I'm around.

The guy and I have only been together in person for like 6 days over three months, but when we are together we always seem to be next to each other. When we sit by each other our legs almost always touch even when it's unnecessary. He put his arm around me once but I didn't notice right away so he pulled his arm back (again, he's not super confident and neither am I). He often teases me, and (I think) we flirt a bit, but I'm just not sure. Thanks if you've read this far. What do you think I should do next or do you think I should just wait for him to do something?
1
1