My crush started chatting /flirting and im too shy to show interest please helllpppp?

Anonymous
So i met this guys 5 years ago and i had a crush on him ever since.. he broke up with his gf months ago and now started chatting with me to get my help with transferring to my college " he chatted with me only 5 -7 times before " .. now he's chatting every 2 days and called me 3 times this week " almost 10 mins per call " but its all about college stuff.. he yet calls me " dear , darling , sweetie and babe " and mentioned me being beautiful " according to most people i know i am " ..

My friends think he likes me from the way he talks / looks at me but i can't realize that am terrible at reading signs..

He eventually didn't even transfer to my college ! He completed his transition to another college..

So the thing is am shy and i dont want him to think am easy to get.. " and in fact i am hard to get " .. but i want him to see that i like him too so that we can proceed to hanging out and a relationship at some point..

Please dont tell me to ask him out cuz i dont even have the courage to start a convo again with him in the first place..

I know my situation should be way simpler than i think but i dont know the first thing about subtle or indirect flirting / way to show him that i like him indirectly..

Please help me he might be the one !!
1
2