Signs of flirting?

lostgirl_searching
They say if a guy stares and If you catch them and they still stare but sometimes will smile, it's a sign of flirting. But that's all I know
But my guy friend does that to me all the time. One time I ( I even timed it ) and he was staring for 2 mins. And when I turned around and I was pretending to be looking for something and faced him he was still staring, I smiled and he halfed smiled at me and I turned around and he was still staring.
He rubs my shoulders or my back, always sitting next to me. We are best friends and I just thought maybe he likes sitting next to me and is very nice to me but to everyone else including my parents they thinks he is flirting and he likes me.
He does other things and if you would like to know I will tell you
Also he told me that I can find someone better than him
* a week later when I went out of town he was saying he really misses me and he really meant it and I know because he express his feelings by his tone of voice. * I am totally confused lol because I really do like him.
Signs of flirting?
2
2