My crush used to talk to me almost everyday. So, what happened?

Hadz212
I've known my crush since the very beginning of the school year. We didn't ever really talk until early February , when he approached me first to say hi to me. After that, we said hi to eachother in the halls every single day. And pretty soon, we were able to become more comfortable around eachother, and we started to have very short and small conversations. And that's when I felt that he began to actually like me. He then started to stare at me very much, and talk about me in groups with his friends. However, I never knew what he was saying because I only ever heard my name. Anyways, there was then this one day where I was feeling very awkward because my best friend had sent him some really embarrasing snapchats of me to him, like me singing loudly, dancing weirdly, and being really goofy. But while that made me feel awkward and turn away, those snapchats seemed to lead him on. And for the whole day, he payed attention to me, and came up to say hi. Me being stupid said a quiet hello and walked away. The next day he was absent, and then the next day, he ignored me and acted as if I didn't even exist. Now, I've realized that I can no longer ignore him or anything of the sort, because I think that might hurt his feelings, and lead him away. So I've been saying hi in the hallways. And even though he has been confident with me in the past, he seems to have gotten much shyer and quieter when I greet him in the hallways, and I have no idea as to why. Is he shy because he likes me? Or what is it? I'm so confused.
1
1