Girls, how should I approach my crush?

Anonymous
I saw her in the hallway only once that i can remember, and i dont have any classes with her (we dont know eachother whatsoever basically). I dont have any real close friends who talk to her either. Hopefully i get more oppurtunities to see her in the hallway, and i can start off with making eye contact at first, then after some time has passed i could start saying hi and if she's responded a few times then i can try to talk to her. I dont know if i should start off with regular conversation or try to gain her interest and flirt a little, show her im interested in her. Is there a disadvantage with one or the other. She seems like a low profile girl, because she isn't part of that REALLY popular group of kids, so she's normal social wise i guess? I've never heard her name until 2 or 3 weeks ago. Whichever path i take what are some ideas to talk about. If i flirt with her i dont mean go all out, but throw some more compliments in, try to get her number quicker than usual or something. Starting either conversation i have 2 "pickup lines" I've always thought were pretty funny, and they aren't rude, theyre just a little joke to get her to laugh right away, so whats your opinion on pickup lines?
Girls, how should I approach my crush?
Add Opinion