What are his intentions and should I text him? Kind of interested and kind of want a summer fling?

Anonymous
Just a little history: he's 22 or so, lives back at home and I'm 19 and at college. We hooked up awhile ago once but he wasn't a random guy. Knew him before it but ever since we have hooked up, he's texted me very scarcely and I'm not sure what were doing (more so him). We have close mutual friends and I'm really close with some of his close guy friends. They keep asking me what me and this guy are and etc. And I keep saying I don't know because everytime he texts me he just randomly stops responding. He also texts me like every 2 or 3 weeks or so And the conversations are always really good So I don't understand. But his friends keep saying to pursue him but I like to see effort from him to make sure I'm not chasing so I've texted him twice out of all this time but he just stops responding after a few exchange of texts. So he's really confusing me and I know I'm not just s booty call cause A. I'm at college. Well away from him and B. I know he's not talking to any other girls right now cause his friends tell me. No bro code, they tell me the truth for sure. And in addition, his friends did warn me that he is takes forever to answer text which hasn't been the issue. He sends big lengthy messages in a timely fashion but he just stops responding sometimes. I don't know if I'm reading too much into any of this But either way I won't be heart broken. Just wanna know what his intentions are because it's confusing me and what should I text him if you guys suggest that I do?
Sorry it's so long
0
1