Girls, if a guy had a balls to ask you out in person, kinda out of the blue, how do you react if you aren't interested?

Anonymous
There's this girl in my college class I really like and really want to ask out. I want to just like do it in person after class one day. I feel our generation is weird and this would be something that would be considered "abnormal", as everyone likes to hit eachother up on social media. So let's say I go through with it and ask her out, if the girl truly isn't interested in this situation, how do you react? Is it awkward for you, but do you like appreciate that a guy had the balls to give it a try?

And for the record we aren't complete strangers, we talk in clas sometimes, but nothing outside pertaining to the class. Nothing personal at all.
3