Girls, there's this girl I like and I sit next to her in class. We've never talked, but I want to start a conversation with her without being awkward?

Anonymous
I think there's a chance she likes me too. She will look at me occasionally and she looks at me when laughing in class and seems to perk up when I'm called on in class or mentioned in class. But some days she'll hardly look at me. I think she is pretty shy except around her friends from what I've observed. So I am VERY VERY shy and pretty socially awkward with people I don't know ad I'm basically deathly scared of talking to people I don't know first. If you know what selective mutism is i used to have that and still have SMALL remnants of it. But I've never had the guts to talk to this girl. I don't want to just start a randomly awkward conversation with her but I really want to talk to her or subtly see if she likes me back. So how do I get the courage to talk and most importantly what the heck do I say? I've never really talked to girls first let alone flirt. I don't want to seem creepy or needy. Suggestions? What are the do's and dont's when talking to a girl? Clues she likes me? Clues she doesn't or is annoyed? I'd want to do it before class because I sit next to her. I would also like tips for keeping my anxiety and nerves down during conversation. I'm just scared she'll laugh in the inside and think I'm weird.
5