Guys, I met this guy on Thursday and we ended up hitting it off. and on Saturday he ends up telling me we need to slow it down. What did I do wrong?

Anonymous
So we meet on Thursday. The next day he kisses me in front of everyone. We were supposed to go on a date that night but in order to do that he had to meet my parents. He ends up meeting my mom everything went fine. He kisses me goodbye says he'll text me what time the movie is. But instead he tells me he can't go. The next day he text me saying we need to talk. He says that we just need to be friends that were going to fast and in the time he's been with me his grades have dropped. Now he just wants to be friends. I'm confused, I don't know what i did
6