I think he's used to girls hitting him up and chasing him?

Anonymous
So I recently met a super laid back cool workaholic guy and he is so cool. I always thought he was handsome and then we finally met and I thought he was so laid back and sweet. He told me about his family, himself, and a few other personal details. Because of his job I had his number and I texted him a couple of times and he was flirting with me in person and via text. He even went out with his coworkers and texted me all night, and when I almost fell asleep he sent like 3 messages in a row to wake me up. ANYWAYS. He said I was pretty and cute and when he brought up a relationship I told him I was single and he just said oh ok haha. Then we just kept texting and flirting. I want to text him again but Im afraid I'll bug him, or what if he's not into me. Why wouldn't he ask me out. I mean maybe he thinks its moving too fast considering we only met once, haha. but if he was flirting with me and thought I was pretty why not? Though he did say he would see me again (again for his job) I am just confused. I also jokingly said " hey there take me to dinner first" after he said that earlier when we talked in person and he said hahaha calm down."
What, did he mean like woah take it easy there or like calm down because I assumed he was asking for something he wasnt? HELP haha p. s. I think he's use to girls hitting him up and chasing him, and I know in his last relationships he's always been dumped.
1
1