Do you think my co-worker is interested in me?

I work part-time at a fancy Espresso bar. Recently we had someone move and their replacement is a young woman. Her behavior makes me wonder if she's interested in me. That is romantically.

We work in a big city at a busy and acclaimed business. All day we serve wealthy, good-looking, and sometimes famous clientele. I've casually and discreetly observed her behavior with other people, men especially in order to form a basis of comparison. I noticed that she treats me a bit differently.

Examples:
When we were introduced she held both the handshake and her gaze for a long time. She held onto my hand for about 15 seconds and wouldn't break eye contact.

During slower times when I was being asked if I liked something or what my plans were I noticed she'd make her way nearby and seemingly listen for my answer discreetly.

When we talk she will say little things. Nothing too bold or overt but ambiguous enough to stir the imagination. If I ask her if she's free for a task she might answer "YES, I'm available." If I play scold her maybe "Oh are you gonna get me?" With lingering eye contact.

She's very willing to make physical contact with me. If our hands touch she won't flinch or apologize. She will lightly touch my back or shoulder. She'll often lean her body against mine and not move. Impulsively, I reached for something between her legs and she did not move or close them. There is plenty of room and she often brushes against me lightly while walking by. Sometimes she'll lightly graze me with her clothing.

She's extremely professional with all other co-workers and customers. When I walk in the room she lights up. If I engage her in conversation she always gives me a smile.

What would you do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I say she likes you. Especially if she is acting differently with you than the other guys. Eyes really say a lot along with her smile. Does her eyebrows go slightly up when she sees you, along with a big smile? If so, Id say she def. has an attraction to you. I would suggest going up and asking her out. Unless there is something you left out. Now its just up to you as Im guessing she wants you to ask her. I would almost say its a guarentee. Good luck!!!

0|1
    0|0
    • They do go up and she smiles big. I did leave one thing out because it didn't seem that important at first glance. I was casually chatting with a female customer as she was standing next to me. I don't even remember what we were talking about but after a bit she started leaning on me. The customer then excused herself. Was what I'm thinking in fact happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• She's definitely giving you some signals there, and I would ask her out; after work, of course. Keep in mind thought that dating a co-worker MIGHT turn out bad, if the date goes bad and y'all end up bad. So, you're risking whatever enjoyment/peace you got from your work. I'd honestly suggest trying to approach her a bit differently, and getting to know her without really dating her, just to make sure that you'll like her too.

0|1
    0|0
    • One detail that I forgot to include is that she initiates all physical contact and seems to get bolder with time. I'm a good guy I'm not worried about that. I don't want to make a new hire uncomfortable. I have chatted with her here and there, we share common interests and she seems like a nice positive and level-headed girl.

• Then I'd really say go for it. Ask her out after work, if it's late you both can go dinner. Get to know her more -- who knows, she could be the 'one'.

• Sweet okay thank you!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• im pretty certain she is interested in you. everything you typed are tell-tale signs of how girl would get you're attention. always watch body language! if she's open to the phyical contact, and she INITIATES it on her own, i. e. touching your shoulder and back, that is 100% something i would do to let a man know i was interested, and it opens up the idea of her being okay with you doing the same back to her. if you likfe her, please take your chance! and good luck :)

0|1
    0|0
    • She initiates it every time. I'm a professional at my job and I don't touch people I'm not acquainted with or invade their personal space. I've had it done to me when it was unwanted so I know how it feels. It feels terrible.

I said something cheeky to her the other day and she was standing behind me. She giggled and rested her hand on my lat for maybe 6 or 7 seconds.

It was starting to slow down one afternoon and I was chatting with a girl who'd just got coffee. She was standing next to me and just for no reason leaned on me. The customer gave me a little look and walked away. I didn't pick up on it at the time but it seems to me that may have been her way of telling the girl to keep walking lol.

• She WANTS you to know she likes you - but if it were me, I'd just tease her a bit then ask her out but do you ^^

0|1
    0|0
  • I think she likes you. The subtle physical touch is the biggest giveaway

0|1
    0|0
  • She likes you a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • She's flirting

0|1
    0|0
  • If she was cute, date her.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I believe so. She has consistently expressed classic signs of interest towards you.

Why not close the deal?

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm cautious since it's at a job which is also lucrative. I don't want to set myself up for failure nor do I wish to taint the working environment by misinterpreting her signals and misfiring.

• Your cautious optimism is reasonable under the circumstances. Vulnerability and realizing success, however, oftentimes go hand-in-hand. Trust in your judgement of character. Trust in your ability to distinguish "normal behavior" from "abnormal behavior."

Again, she has consistently expressed classic signs of interest towards you.

After work, invite her and perhaps a couple of mutual co-workers out for a drink, etc. If she displays signs of interest in you during, then, close the deal.

• Thank you for the wonderful advice!

• I think she likes you

0|1
    0|0
  • Just go for it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes ask her out

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes