Do you think my co-worker is interested in me?

I work part-time at a fancy Espresso bar. Recently we had someone move and their replacement is a young woman. Her behavior makes me wonder if she's interested in me. That is romantically.

We work in a big city at a busy and acclaimed business. All day we serve wealthy, good-looking, and sometimes famous clientele. I've casually and discreetly observed her behavior with other people, men especially in order to form a basis of comparison. I noticed that she treats me a bit differently.

Examples:
When we were introduced she held both the handshake and her gaze for a long time. She held onto my hand for about 15 seconds and wouldn't break eye contact.

During slower times when I was being asked if I liked something or what my plans were I noticed she'd make her way nearby and seemingly listen for my answer discreetly.

When we talk she will say little things. Nothing too bold or overt but ambiguous enough to stir the imagination. If I ask her if she's free for a task she might answer "YES, I'm available." If I play scold her maybe "Oh are you gonna get me?" With lingering eye contact.

She's very willing to make physical contact with me. If our hands touch she won't flinch or apologize. She will lightly touch my back or shoulder. She'll often lean her body against mine and not move. Impulsively, I reached for something between her legs and she did not move or close them. There is plenty of room and she often brushes against me lightly while walking by. Sometimes she'll lightly graze me with her clothing.

She's extremely professional with all other co-workers and customers. When I walk in the room she lights up. If I engage her in conversation she always gives me a smile.

What would you do?

75

Most Helpful Girl

• I say she likes you. Especially if she is acting differently with you than the other guys. Eyes really say a lot along with her smile. Does her eyebrows go slightly up when she sees you, along with a big smile? If so, Id say she def. has an attraction to you. I would suggest going up and asking her out. Unless there is something you left out. Now its just up to you as Im guessing she wants you to ask her. I would almost say its a guarentee. Good luck!!!

• They do go up and she smiles big. I did leave one thing out because it didn't seem that important at first glance. I was casually chatting with a female customer as she was standing next to me. I don't even remember what we were talking about but after a bit she started leaning on me. The customer then excused herself. Was what I'm thinking in fact happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• She's definitely giving you some signals there, and I would ask her out; after work, of course. Keep in mind thought that dating a co-worker MIGHT turn out bad, if the date goes bad and y'all end up bad. So, you're risking whatever enjoyment/peace you got from your work. I'd honestly suggest trying to approach her a bit differently, and getting to know her without really dating her, just to make sure that you'll like her too.

• One detail that I forgot to include is that she initiates all physical contact and seems to get bolder with time. I'm a good guy I'm not worried about that. I don't want to make a new hire uncomfortable. I have chatted with her here and there, we share common interests and she seems like a nice positive and level-headed girl.

• Then I'd really say go for it. Ask her out after work, if it's late you both can go dinner. Get to know her more -- who knows, she could be the 'one'.

• Sweet okay thank you!