Do you think white guys are discouraged by their friends, family or society from dating non white men?

I seem to interest guys of all races but 100% of the time the white guys drop off. I wonder if they get cold feet because I am not white? I'm not saying they are all racist, I seem to be pretty to them and they like me, but something happens before they even try to get to know me. It makes me think there is pressure on them.
Updates:
I meant non white women.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My family is not OK with me dating a non-white woman.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• The pressure comes from a lot of things and that is likely the case for some, but not most of those guys.

The "white guys" you're talking about are less comfortably approaching a Black woman because they assume that they're more likely to be rejected. While there is a relatively small number of black women that might date white men exclusively there is a HUGE number of black women that won't date anyone other than black men.

White guys that are into black girls figure this out a few years in and just steer clear of what they see as a brick wall to smash their head against.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm not black.

• That's the only time I've ever had any issues with being turned down because of race that's just my personal anecdote...

• There is this study made on birds I think that discovered that birds were more likely to be attractive to another bird that had a similar color pattern. Probably the same with humans, we are prone to choose what is familiar. Also most people are more attracted to a certain race might collude with my early statement or maybe not who knows. That's just my thoughts about it

0|0
    0|0
  • White people in general are encouraged by society and liberals to not date their own kind. White men prefer to date their own kind, not because of racism. But because we prefer our children to look like us.

0|0
    0|0
  • If anything, it's the thought of dealing with her family's issues that put the kebosh on the whole idea.

White men know we're hated

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to date white or non white men but I'm open to ladies of all race and colour.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't this alone is a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • My family wouldn't care really.

0|0
    0|0
  • My family doesn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • No, there's no pressure at all. I personally don't trust black women because I don't trust their motives for wanting to date white guys now. Traditionally, black women have hated white guys, and now all of the sudden they're eager to date us. It seems insincere.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think homosexuals can date whoever they want and they are not discouraged. Now if you are a girl asking the question, yes you are entirely right. The pressure to not date anyone but a white girl is an enormous in society and it is a combination of their own reluctance, their own racism and the people around them that results in the effects you are seeing and experiencing. I certainly am aware of it and I apologize.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, black girls do enough to discourage white guys all by themselves.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes