Why go out of your way to lead someone on if you have no romantic interest in them?

Why would you/ would anyone intentionally do this..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People that do this like to hurt other people's feelings and are the people you should avoid being around! If someone ever does that to me then I cut all contact with them permanently because I don't want to build feelings for them again after they don't feel the same way

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably keeping you as a backup.
    Happened to me.

The guy and I were inseparable and then his ex weaseled her way in again and we were done. I had to cut ties. My heart is not meant for that garbage.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Well, only people who are cheap will do that. Otherwise to a wise person it just won't make sense, there is no logic also.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's a lot of different reasons that could happen. Worst case scenario they really are a terrible person and do that kind of thing for fun (hopefully the're aren't too many of them). I'd say most people don't do it on purpose, or they know they are doing it but don't know how to stop without hurting the other person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't do that ever but those that do either are confused or it's a simple ego booster for them. They seldom are aware of the negative effect it can have on the other person :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Something people crave attention and external validation.

It's also possible that they kinda/sorta liked you, so they figure why not string you along as a backup option.

0|0
    0|0
  • you see it as leading on. maybe it´s just totally normal behavior to him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Fun
    Statistics
    Dare
    Revenge (past relationship)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't do that. What's the point?

0|0
    0|0
    • someone was doing it to me for a year.. just wondering why I guess

• A woman your age did this to me recently. Didn't realise till after I moved on how shy and insecure she was. Must have been a really bad crush as she was really annoyed at me. So in your case they may be doing the opposite of how they feel.

• If i do, it's purely by accident.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes - to fuck them

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's okay as long as you let the other person know what to expect. I had a guy really interesting in me, I continued to talk to him and we even had our Facebook set as in a relationship on April fools day. But I told him that I was not ready for a relationship with anyone. We were just talking to be friends with each other. I let him know that.

0|0
    0|0
  • true! I don't understand why they do this. when we actually fall for them then they left us. asshole

1|0
    0|0
  • It's called an ego boost

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are just complete assholes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes