How to approach a guy in the library quite study area?

I am a college student. I like to spend my time on the quite floor in the library and study between classes. There is a guy who I found very cute and handsome who always sit somewhere near me, studying too.
Although I have a sense that he might be interested in me or found me attractive, as I saw him stare at me for quite a few times, I don’t know if I am sending the wrong signal , showing I am not interested. There were several times he said hi to me, but I just nod my head, smile at him and didn’t say anything, because I am too nervous. Now, he still stares at me, but he doesn’t say hi or something anymore.
I understand that if no one takes a move, then nothing is going to happen. So, I am thinking about making a move and talk to him. But I don t know how ! Besides, it is the Library quite study floor, which makes it even more awkward to talk to a stranger.
Besides, I don’t even know anything about him, except he is very good looking to me, should I make a move? Any suggestions on how to make a move? Thank you!
Thank you so much for all your advice guys!! I really appreciate it. I will consider each of your suggestions. Hopefully something will work out ! But there is one more thing i forget to mention that he is not alone all the time. Sometimes , he has 1 to 2 other friends studying with him, which makes it even more difficult for me to approach.
But yea , Maybe I will wait till he is leaving and talk to him / just ask if i can sit with him if he is alone/ slip him a note when he is not at his table or something

113

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd suggest to first begin showing you're attracted to him; again. Stare at him back, and smile it away. Guys love that. If that doesn't make him make a move, he could be the shy type, so do it yourself --after he's done, go after him, and ask to hang out and meet each other. You could also make some mouthing when you both stare, making the encounter funny --trying to say something--, which would most likely read to you both getting our of the library and talk about yourselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ooh! I got a good one just for you.

Next time you see him, you can write a note and say something simple like "Hi :)"

Then give him the pen to write something back. After he replies, be like "what are you up to?" This is great because he has to respond and it's an innocent conversation starter.

Him: "_____. How about you?"

You: "well, I was ____ but you got me all distracted ;P "

When he reads this and laughs, extend your hand to him and quietly introduce yourself.

Tada!!
    Ice broken + you made a new friend :)

P. S. Don't overthink it. And if he doesn't respond to something cute like that, then he missed his chance! You made a move and that is the best part.