How to approach a guy in the library quite study area?

I am a college student. I like to spend my time on the quite floor in the library and study between classes. There is a guy who I found very cute and handsome who always sit somewhere near me, studying too.
Although I have a sense that he might be interested in me or found me attractive, as I saw him stare at me for quite a few times, I don’t know if I am sending the wrong signal , showing I am not interested. There were several times he said hi to me, but I just nod my head, smile at him and didn’t say anything, because I am too nervous. Now, he still stares at me, but he doesn’t say hi or something anymore.
I understand that if no one takes a move, then nothing is going to happen. So, I am thinking about making a move and talk to him. But I don t know how ! Besides, it is the Library quite study floor, which makes it even more awkward to talk to a stranger.
Besides, I don’t even know anything about him, except he is very good looking to me, should I make a move? Any suggestions on how to make a move? Thank you!
Updates:
Thank you so much for all your advice guys!! I really appreciate it. I will consider each of your suggestions. Hopefully something will work out ! But there is one more thing i forget to mention that he is not alone all the time. Sometimes , he has 1 to 2 other friends studying with him, which makes it even more difficult for me to approach.
But yea , Maybe I will wait till he is leaving and talk to him / just ask if i can sit with him if he is alone/ slip him a note when he is not at his table or something

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd suggest to first begin showing you're attracted to him; again. Stare at him back, and smile it away. Guys love that. If that doesn't make him make a move, he could be the shy type, so do it yourself --after he's done, go after him, and ask to hang out and meet each other. You could also make some mouthing when you both stare, making the encounter funny --trying to say something--, which would most likely read to you both getting our of the library and talk about yourselves.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ooh! I got a good one just for you.

Next time you see him, you can write a note and say something simple like "Hi :)"

Then give him the pen to write something back. After he replies, be like "what are you up to?" This is great because he has to respond and it's an innocent conversation starter.

Him: "_____. How about you?"

You: "well, I was ____ but you got me all distracted ;P "

When he reads this and laughs, extend your hand to him and quietly introduce yourself.

Tada!!
    Ice broken + you made a new friend :)

P. S. Don't overthink it. And if he doesn't respond to something cute like that, then he missed his chance! You made a move and that is the best part.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Next time you see him go over and sit next to him and say something like:

"Hey I see you in here a lot, what's your name?"

Then begin to ask questions about him, "What is your major?" "Why did you decide to do that?" And all that jazz.

1|0
    0|0
  • As a college student, I know how you feel. Fortunately for you it seems like he's interested. Unfortunately you made it seem like you are not. You should sit at his table and introduce yourself quietly. Or maybe if you see him leave follow him and talk to him.

1|1
    0|0
  • Slip him a note when you say hi next time. Tell him in the note, that you have noticed the eye contact and if ask if he is interested in going somewhere to talk, maybe have a coffee or something.

That way you don't disturb people in the library and the note is subtle and you don't have to face him right off the bat, since you are a little shy.

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl from one of my classes made a move on me at the library she just came and asked me about thr class chatted a little about the subjects she is taking i did too now i dont mind talking to her in fact i want to ask her few questions but didn't see her at the library yet be freindly first just go and ask him if he in the sam year as you because u have a question about a subject of he is not ask him his major ask him why he took it and so on...

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG THIS IS MY FAVORITE SPOT TO PICK UP GIRLS CAUSE THERE ALONE ITS SO EASY JUST WALK UP AND TALK TO THEM THEY WILL FALL IN LOVE

0|0
    1|0
    • look I know it sounds dumb but if I could tell you all the play I've gotten in the library HMMMMMMM... memories :)

• Well, you need to have a plan. And you have to analyze it before you attack. As in what could he do if I do this? Look at all possible outcomes. And once you figure it out, next time you see him wave. And either then wave him over to come to you or go to him. It will probably feel awkward and you will have to keep the conversation going b/c you initiated it. Can't plan on him to keep it going. He may be able to, but you can't rule out the possibility that he can/will.

And don't beat around the bush. Let your intentions be know. Either tell him you thought he was attractive and wanted to get to know him or something along those lines. Just mindless chit chat won't get you what you are aiming for.

0|0
    0|0
  • well, you need to engage yourself to show interest. look at it this way, i'm not gonna give attention to a piece of paper. just go up to him, say hi, introduce yourself, maybe if you've seen him somewhere, say that you saw him or talk to him about it. just find something y'all have in common. if y'all have said hi before (or him i guess), then i'm pretty sure he'd be fine if you talked to him. however, like i said, don't just kinda appear like you're ignoring him (for lack of a better phrase) if/when he's acknowledging or talking to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Hey bro.., hey bro... do you even lift?" "SHHHHHHHH" "Beta."

0|0
    0|1
  • Smile at him and then later just ask him a question

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait until he's leaving and then talk to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • very quietly tip toe on over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him what he is studying maby

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes