Girls, do you like it when guys are straightforward with you when they want to tell you they like you?

There's this girl I really like in my college, next time I see her do you think I should straight up tell her I like her and that I'm always happy around her, or do you think I should keep it slow and steady and hint at it until she gets the message?
  • Be straight up with her and tell her you like her.
  • Take it slow, and hint at it until she gets the message.
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D
Holy shit, I didn't think this thread would blow up. Thanks for all the advice guys!

4524

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer straight-forward guys. I hate the games some people play. I hate wondering if he likes me or if he doesn"t.

If a guy isn't pursuing me and isn't making it known he likes me, I have no idea. I don't do well with signs. I've had many guys continue to see me while they were not actually interested in me because I was "fun to hang out with". Apparently when I was being straightforward with them, actively showing interest, wanting to see them again, they took that as me just wanting to be friends :(

Sadly I had a guy even tell me that it was my fault I was deceived because I kept wanting to see him. Apparently he's not responsible for leading me on. Could have just told me the truth.

Anyhow, if you like someone, tell them. Let them know. If you don't, how are they supposed to know?

• What if you feel that no one likes you, would you still confess your feelings to someone?

• @JustinX9 Of course! You may not feel like anyone likes you, but you never know. I've had peoople confess to me after a while that they liked me. But I would have never known.

It's better to take the chance and get rejected than to not and miss out on the opportunity. You miss 100 percent of the chances you don't take.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just saying... Don't say that you're always happy around her. That comes with liking someone. It would be like saying you like glasses of water and it's because they quench your thirst... It's enough to say you have feelings for the girl & you don't have to describe them, just as it's enough to say you like glasses of water (if you were compelled to do so..) and it's universally understood why.

When you get to the 18-24 college range, I think it's generally immature to talk about basic feelings like that.

Just ask her out on a date.

Do that and she will know you like her, you're being straight up/forward and if she says yes you will know she's interested, but not necessarily that she likes you back.

Later on she wants to hear what you like about her most likely... Is she pretty? Do you like her smile? As you get closer to her & you know she likes you back, tell her what you like about her body... You know, once you've found out.