+1 y

Does he love me? Is there a point in hoping we will get back together?

Ok, a little over 6 months ago, my boyfriend of almost 2 years broke up with me. Me and him were fine and happy. We never had fights, we were completely and totally in love with one another, so I thought. Over the summer last year, things started getting bumpy, his Mom started not letting us see each other very much and made him go to a different church than me. That was ruff but we made it through. Then, last November, his Mom suggested that we should break up. He told her no and she grounded him for it. He promised me he loved me and would never leave me no matter what she said. Then, the day before his grounding was supposed to be over he called me. he sounded really sad and I couldn't figure out what was wrong but I just over looked it since he assured me everything was fine. The next morning however, his Mom called and told my Dad that we weren't allowed to see each other anymore because of something she had read in a note I had given him. He, for some reason gave into his Mom's wishes. I don't understand why. But after we broke up he blamed it all on his mom, he said he still loved me and it was all her. Then he told me that it was God and that God didn't want us together. THEN he told me that he just didn't want a girlfriend anymore. And finally, the one that hurt me the most was that he just didn't love me anymore. He told me we could still be friends, but he never talks to me and when we do talk he refuses to look me in the eyes or hold a long conversation. I want to talk to him about the break and how bad it hurt and get to the bottom of it.but he won't talk to me about it. Today was our last day of school and I tried to tell him bye and I told him to have a good summer and he said for me too. Then I tried to tell him I was sorry for how I had acted after the break because I was very clingy and he just said my name and walked away. I was on the verge of tears. Also, today when we were leaving school all of our friends were hugging and saying bye, I was just gonna wave at him but he slapped my hand and gave me a side hug. This brought on the tears and I cried the whole bus ride home. After that he didn't tell me bye or anything.

I still love him. It's been 6 months and I can't get over him.I still cry myself to sleep over him. He says he doesn't love me anymore but I don't know what the truth is. I want to move on.but I can't. I still keep hoping that we will get back together. Is my hope in vain? Please help. All opinions are welcome as long as they are honest. Please don't build my hopes up I would rather be crushed now rather than later.

Thank, sorry for any typos!
2
0