Is this a good way to ask a Guy out?

I am 99% sure he has a crush on me;
I ask himwhat his plans are for tonight, if he responds with; not much or something. I will say; i really wanna go to the cinema, haven't been to one in quite some time. Just need to find someone to go with...
Will that work?

629

What Guys Said 29

• I would think it would work. But with me, you’d have to be a little more obvious and ask (along with that part before.)

I used to try to get those “subtle hints,” but then she’d say “I wasn’t asking YOU, idiot.” Something like that, where I had thought it was a hint and it wasn’t, so I cut way back on “inviting myself.” I wasn’t clueless, but apparently misread what I thought was a girl being subtle.

It depends how shy he is, too. You might have to just ask.

• No, that won't. If you "just need someone to go with" you, then it's not a date. It's just two friends "hanging out". Ask him more decisively; "Would you like to go to the cinema with me?"

• Nah lol XD guys OFTEN dont see this kind of hints if its directed to them, if they see it on others they can tell its a hint but not on themselves.

Simply ask him as if he's a monkey that can't get hints. Here I type it correctly for you: "i really wanna go to the cinema, haven't been to one in quite some time. Wanna come with me?"

• I'd say yes to that and then laugh "with" you, not at you. That's one of the longest way EVER around a direct question... I'm sorry but I'm still laughing. I think how you said it is cute and I see no way a guy could say no to that. I'm thinking you'll both start laughing and yes, I like it and know it'll work.

• Well you're technically *not* asking him out. You're just being a typical girl and dropping hints hoping *he'll* ask *you* out.

• Best thing is to have a two stage approach one for the set up and getting him to look in that direction and then go for the kill.

• Not really , you need to just ask him if he wants to hang out because that will not make it clear of your intentions.

• Be straight forward. I find you attractive, nice, etc. I'd like to see if you'd be interested in going to the movies with me.

• We're too dense lol. Be more specific

• Sounds good to me, he's a lucky guy!

• Might as well be in elementary school and pass him a note. Just ask him "hey I wanted to see this movie at around this time" I know I like it when the girl takes control of the situation because then that shows she really wants me. Not me just guessing because I know I'm pretty damn oblivious

• just say you want to watch certain movie and say how cool it is. then if he seems interested in watching it say that you both could watch it together.

• Sure! I'd go.

• Yes.

• That would work fine.

• Yeah you worded it well enough

• Be more direct
    He might get confused about your intentions

• Its not bad to ask a guy out. yet U should probably confirm his feelings for u before u ask him out

• Maybe he'll pick up on it, maybe he'll think you're testing him.

• Sure. Or maybe just straight up ask him.

• Yeap

• If he is interested, it will work.

• Be more straight forward, just ask him to go to the movies with you.

• I think if you kick him and tell him that, he would definitely go to cinema !

• Yes Wil work 9of 10 times

• Yea that would work for me.

• Yes, perfect. Most men are very flattered to be asked out by a girl in any case. If he is not interested I am sure he will be at least kind

• send a friend over who could ask him how would you like to be asked out and then she can tell you what he said and then you use his advice against him. Otherwise you can try your idea maybe it's better

• Nah, desperate af. Just say you wanna blow the guy.

What Girls Said 6

• That's not really asking someone out, it's dropping hints and hoping he picks up on it. Why not just be direct and ask him? If he says he has no plans tonight, say "I really want to go to the cinema, would you be interested in going with me?" or something along those lines. I think it's better to be straightforward.

• That sounds like you’re trying to get him to ask you out, not the other way around. Just ask him if he wants to see a movie with you if he’s not busy.

• Sure but why not be a little more direct by changing the ending of that comment with.. haven’t been in quite some time, you want to join me?

• Well it’s obvious what you mean so yes.. if he likes you he’ll offer to go with you.

• Just ask directly. Hey I wanna watch this movie, wanna join? Quicker response. And if he says no, watch it anyway.

• That sounds perfect, go for it 😀