Why do girls consider making the first move as slutty or not appropriated?

Honestly, I never understood this opinion. I'm part of the guys who think this is cute as hell to be asked out by a girl, no matter her flirting talent. And I'm sure it's not a spread opinion among us to consider you as sluts if you do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my personal opinion and experience, it's other girls/women that have created this. I remember approaching a boy when I was younger and it was girls who started laughing and being like "Oh my god, did she really just do that". And then came the looks of disgust from them. I was horrified!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that's the only reason. I'm sure a lot of girls don't ask men out because they fear being rejected, which serves to affirm their insecurities.

What Girls Said 15

• Girls are told from a young age that if guys don't chase them then they aren't interested. It isn't that they don't want to look slutty it's that they don't want to appear desperate. Everyone over the age of 25 all remember the 90's and early 00's preteen shows with that one female character who could not take a hint that the male lead wasn't interested in her. That was even a running joke on kids shows like the Suite Life of Zach and Cody. We are bombarded with images of desperate girls all the time. It's changing but you can't undo years of cultural conditioning over night.

• I do it all the time and it's perfectly appropriate for me. Why should I wait until a guy wants to do something when I can take control and make the first move? Then at least, one knows where one stands. "She who hesitates is lost."

• It's not girls who think that, it's the society and culture in which we were brought up that makes us grow to think as such. Makes it harder for a girl of she gets rejected.

• Is that you in the picture?

• Guys can't minds, if I know a girl thinks I'm cute then no problem but the thing is you never know.

• A guy makes the first move when he gets the signal that the girl will be ok. It's not always clear

• It's because society is male dominated, and women for the most part are taught to be submissive and compliant, it's not typically found attractive for a woman to be assertive

• No, we don't.
    Those who still adhere to it, are just repeating grandma's concepts, or live in countries that are still looking backwards.

• What do you mean not appropriated?

• Do they? Never heard of that.

• Because then guys consider her as too easy and lose interest in her?

• I wonder if some guys actually say that or if it's a common thought among girls

• I dont know. Myself too afraid of rejection and judgement

• Never heard of that

• I don't

• I never understood that either.

• We r naughty though

• Can that be understood as fear of losing you?

• Because society

What Guys Said 16

• I have great respect for a woman that asks a guy out, even if she is kind of clumsy about it because that's someone who knows what she wants and takes the initiative to get it. I would not lose interest in her, think she is desperate, or any of the other negative stuff that gets said about women who make the first move. Why sit around and complain that no one is asking you out- take matters into your own hands. A lot of times the guy has no clue you're interested in him (I've experienced this a few times myself).

• because historically men were expected to make the first move and women were supposed to be approached. so we can just blame antiquated gender roles and expectations

• Simple: They don't WANT to make the first move. They want US to. They find that vastly more attractive, per biology. Humans are higher mammals, and almost all higher mammals (including most kinds of apes, from which we are most closely descended) are bound by a sexual system where the females are chaste and get chased by the males, who compete and fight over the right to fuck all the females. It's pretty tough to override thousands of years of evolutionary biology just because we wear clothes and use cell phones.

How does that seep into our modern life? Guys want to fuck lots of girls and are often unhappy with just one; girls want to get asked out first, and be chased by the guy, not do the chasing themselves. There's your answer.

• Only 25% of all men actually ask women out al the time 60% barely and 15% never. So ladys the chance is real that the guy you like will never ask you and its NOT because how you look... there is actually a study on this topic.

• It's just like girls always wanting a tall guy. They want the Disney aspect of a nice story. And attractive people have a reputation to uphold. That pretty girl u see getting hit on by tons of guys gets annoyed with it. So most likely she won't wanna come off as annoying to others too

• I really appreciate people being respectful of each other.
    And if a man or woman approaches me I'm flattered. I respect and admire women who do not stick to the old conventions and 'rules'.

• A lot of women will beat up on each other for being too honest about their desires. They get so much crap from their girlfriends that they assume guys will think less of them too.

• I agree, a girl that can go for what she wants is awesome

• Unless they just don't care how they appear in you're eyes they don't do it mostly because they don't want to look easy so once word gets around she will look slutty girls want you to know that they want you but they also don't want something as small as that to blow up in their face. Unless she is grown knows what she wants and prefers not to beat around the bush and get what she wants

• If it's done in the right way, then it's beautiful. As long as she doesn't present herself as overly confident but stays "feminine", it's adorable.

• Never knew that was an issue.
    I've think nearly all relationships i had started with them approaching me bc im rather oblivious to hints they drop

• I think that rejection hurts them more than guys. Guys have feelings too, but we are forced to try and get either used to a certain degree of rejection or we have to stay alone

• I hate that thing not happening bro. They are due to society...

• Who said that? i seriously never heard that before man.

• I've heard many who said me "If I make the first move will that guy think I'm a slut or an easy girl?"

• Crazy but society made everything like how it is now most females don't wanna get that rejection what we guys will always have from time to time, and most females have a huge pride in them so that are probably the biggest three reasons pride&society&rejection

• Most girls want the attention or want too earn or be worked for. That's why most of the time she waits on the man for the first move.

• Thinking matters some also consider it is good. To make first move