+1 y

Does this guy like me or am I just being paranoid?

Okay, there’s this guy that’s with one of my best friends and recently he’s been acting so weird. I knew him last year and we were kinda friends and we’d joke around. I’d accidentally say something stupid and make a joke about how stupid I am and he’d agree jokingly then we’d both laugh. But now if I ever do anything like that he says “No, you aren’t. Don’t say that.” Which just makes everything so awkward and weird, and I have no idea what I’m supposed to say after that. I feel like I can’t even joke around with him anymore.

When he’s not around his girlfriend he’s always saying things that lead me to believe he likes me. And apparently my friend he’s with “accidentally” (idk, I guess it could have been an accident) gave him my number and he started texting me nonstop. And he texted me this one time about having to make a hard choice between me and his girlfriend, but it’s obvious to some extent he was joking, but I don't know how far. Somehow we got on to the subject that I hate being hugged and not the one hugging (I really have no idea, conversations with him always seem to lead somewhere weird). And he kept on talking about how he was gonna hug me then I threatened him saying I’d hit him or something. I said the only person I wanted to hug me was this guy I liked (that he said he’d help me get with) and he tried making a deal about how if that guy doesn’t hug me by our senior year. And I still said no because I thought it was really weird. And I successfully changed the subject to something else.

And another thing is one of my friends brought up the subject that only creepy, weird guys tend to like me and I was just sulking. And he was there to and they were just making fun of my bad luck, but she had to leave for class and then it was just me and him. And I started ranting to him about it and I wish just a regular/kinda weird guy would like me like –blank- (the guy I like). And he said he thought I didn’t want a weird guy and I said I don’t care if he’s weird (that’s what makes a person awesome, their weird, unique qualities) as long as he isn’t creepy. Then he asked if he was creepy. And a red light just went off in my head and things got awkward again and I wasn’t sure what to say and just quickly said “I guess not” and quickly got into my class.

But it’s getting really weird. I don’t know what to do. I talk about this with one of my other friends and she’s little to no help at all. She just makes jokes and whatnot. Which isn’t very helpful at all and I’m afraid to tell any of my other friends because they might tell her. And I think she’s already suspecting something because sometimes if he talks to me she gives me the stink eye. And I don't know maybe I’m just being paranoid, but I don’t want her to be mad at me. And I don’t want to tell her because he could just be weird and I’m reading all the signs wrong. I also told him this one time through text I was trying to pretend I was emo and I was put eye liner on and black lipstick. ---
+1 y
I meant "putting on" x.x

-- And I said I was thinking about were eye liner to school at one point and he said I would look awesome or something like that. And now I feel if I wear it I’d be leading him on or something. ---
+1 y
--- And recently he’s stopped texting me and I was hoping maybe if he did like me he was over it, but at school he still acts weird. And! I want to make it very clear I don’t like him at all. Anyways… I would just like to know your opinion. Thanks! :)
1
0