What is a good compliment to say to a guy u just met?

i want to be the one to make the first move but im stuck on how to go about it. i heard that guys dont care for words, just looks. so is it hopeless to even try. should i just wait for a guy to find me attractive enough to talk to or,,,? like y can't i just tell him i find him beautiful? is that too direct? bad start? am i over thinking this? what should i say? what would u like to hear from a girl?what is a good compliment to say to a guy u just met??
  • guys like to be approached
  • its a lost cause

936

Most Helpful Guy

• I certainly don't mind a woman expressing interest, but I do think that telling him he's beautiful right after you met him is too direct and might make him suspicious or scare him off. I'm pretty sure it would for me.

I think it would be better to find some reason to talk with him, then at the end of the conversation find a way to suggest meeting again. What that is will depend on the circumstances of where you meet him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • The system just reminded me of this question when it chose my opinion most helpful.

It's been a while since you asked. What did you decide to do and were you able to get together with him?

I noticed you're from New Zealand. I visited there once and really liked it. Such a beautiful country, especially the South Island.

Most Helpful Girl

• @boulshyte I'm not a guy so I wouldn't know for a fact if they prefer to be approached first but I do know men like compliments. It gives them a boost of confidence, just like any person. Just don't go stroking his ego too much LOL then you may just come across as desperate if he isn't interested.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah guys don’t get compliments as much as girls at least in my experience 😒

• Wow you agree with me. That must be a come on!

Jk lol

• Oh it was 👍 surprised you caught that!!