What is a good compliment to say to a guy u just met?

i want to be the one to make the first move but im stuck on how to go about it. i heard that guys dont care for words, just looks. so is it hopeless to even try. should i just wait for a guy to find me attractive enough to talk to or,,,? like y can't i just tell him i find him beautiful? is that too direct? bad start? am i over thinking this? what should i say? what would u like to hear from a girl?what is a good compliment to say to a guy u just met??

• guys like to be approached
  • its a lost cause

935

Most Helpful Guy

• I certainly don't mind a woman expressing interest, but I do think that telling him he's beautiful right after you met him is too direct and might make him suspicious or scare him off. I'm pretty sure it would for me.

I think it would be better to find some reason to talk with him, then at the end of the conversation find a way to suggest meeting again. What that is will depend on the circumstances of where you meet him.

• 2d

The system just reminded me of this question when it chose my opinion most helpful.

It's been a while since you asked. What did you decide to do and were you able to get together with him?

I noticed you're from New Zealand. I visited there once and really liked it. Such a beautiful country, especially the South Island.

Most Helpful Girl

• @boulshyte I'm not a guy so I wouldn't know for a fact if they prefer to be approached first but I do know men like compliments. It gives them a boost of confidence, just like any person. Just don't go stroking his ego too much LOL then you may just come across as desperate if he isn't interested.

• Yeah guys don’t get compliments as much as girls at least in my experience 😒

• Wow you agree with me. That must be a come on!

Jk lol

• Oh it was 👍 surprised you caught that!!