Share a story if you want, but Which have you experienced more?

I often experience B. I’ll regret not telling someone how I feel and then find out later that they were actually into me.

There was this new student. I never really tried to approach him because i didn't care to plus i wasn't initially attracted. But then we went on this field trip and i hung with him all day. Omg the feelings really started to boil. By the end of the year, I told the cousin of his cousin. Lol big mistake. Next school year, He passes me and says “I Know Something You Dont Know.”! Lol I immediately ran to my friend (the cousin of his cousin) bt she promised she didn't tell him. Lol Lies! One day i sit and talk with Him and he's like “I know you like me.” I was like “who told you, Liz?” And he goes, “yea but dont tell her i told you. so you used to like me huh?” Me freakin out inside, im like “USED TO.” Lmao then he's like “Wait why dont you like me anymore?” Haha i thought it was so cute that he was disappointed that i was possibly over him. Then he goes, “if i kiss you right now, would you start liking me again?” omg i was ecstatic but i turned him down. One, because he was just flirting with an enemy of mine IN MY FACE earlier that day, and Two, because we were in a class that contained me, my female enemy, 6 of my ex-crushes and this one quiet kid.

I’ve also experienced A where i told someone how i felt and ended up regretting it. Ling story short, he was my best friends brother. He flirted and she always told him “YALL ALWAYS SIDE WITH EACHOTHER BECAUSE y'all LIKE EACHOTHER.” And yea he denied it, but not in a mean way. More of a, possibly lying to himself way. Anyways, when i told her to tell him how i felt years later? it resulted in the end of our friendship. Smh.

As for C, I’ve only backed away when it was a best friend telling me his feelings. I mean, Im flattered but if he constantly tries to make me “want” him, then i run. I guess i can see now why I experienced option A with my friend guy.

#FeelFreeToList #StoryTime #FriendZoned

• Share a story if you want, but Which have you experienced more?I withheld telling someone how i felt about them, and then regretted not doing so afterward
    Vote A
  • Share a story if you want, but Which have you experienced more?I tell someone how Im into them, but then regret doing so
    Vote B
  • Share a story if you want, but Which have you experienced more?Someone will tell me they're into me, but then they’ll regret doing so
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Honestly dear Desi, I face all of these situations mostly all of the time, but option A more.
    I tend to be closed on myself somehow due to the amount of times I have been hurt before and it makes me want to close myself inside my comfort zone.

Option C happened to me last summer:
    I was on instagram sharing comment on few posts when it turned out that most of the posts belonged to the same person. She contacted me through direct message saying I deserve to know her and gave me her number. We agreed on texting for one week and then meet in person. The feeling was intense and strong for both of us. The day we met, I felt like a little kid crushing on a girl for the first time. The flirting was so strong we couldn't help holding down the arousal, though we never went far to the act. It was just foreplay grinding etc... with many kisses. The next day she just ghosted. After few weeks she contacts me and say we should go to an event together and so we did. After the even we went to a nice calm pub and had a drink together and talked. She said she never meant to send me a message that she liked me and forgot about all this intense moment we have had together.
    As usual, I just spent time with her, drove her home, then went back to my place and moved on.

Option B happens to me more often and I get the "I thought we were friends?" kind of reply.

Thank you for sharing your own personal experience with us dear Desi, always a pleasure to honestly share mine with you too :-)

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never regretted confessing or not confessing my feelings to anyone.

My first crush was when I was in kindergarten (I know it's too young... But yeah I felt something for her). From kindergarten to standard 12 I had known her and I never confessed. Now that I've graduated out of high school, we're just Facebook friends... Nothing more. But I don't regret it. When I was in standard 9 (she used to sit behind me), her FRIEND told me that she found my TOOTH to be attractive and cute (my snaggle tooth)😑. She (my crush) started teasing her friend in front of me and said that her friend and I could actually be potential partners😂. Then at the end of the year of standard 9, I found out that my crush was dating one of my enemies. (not that I consider him my enemy... He did something really mean and I outright accused him and humiliated him in front of the whole class... Since then he hated me bullied me and... Well we just turned from good friends to arch rivals-cum-enemies). Soon I found out that she was with him only because of his money, much like most of his friends were. This burned away even the slightest bit of affection I had for her. THE END - My first crush

Another incident that happened with me... I was in grade 10. I was in a musical and I had a crush on one of the characters of the play. My cousin was playing a part in this play as well.. Everyday me and my cousin used to go for rehearsals. What hurt even more was that, there was a part where my crush had to kiss my cousin (thankfully on the forehead). On the night before the main play, I told her about my feelings. She didn't seem to be angry or surprised either. Calm, cool and fun as always. She said that she'd give me an answer on the day at the play after everything is over (meaning the very next day). I asked her not to hurry with her decision, I didn't really want an answer from her, all I wanted to do was confess my feelings to her (& she's the first girl I've ever confessed to). I asked her not to tell anyone about it yet. BIG MISTAKE. She told her best friend who came upto me asking about how I confessed 😑. I asked my crush whether she told her best friend about it. She admitted swaying it to her best friend and comforted me that its gonna stay between the 3 of us. Before the play started, my crush's best friend's boyfriend came upto me to wish me goodluck for the play... Guess what he said... "Goodluck with the play... And get the girl dude *winks*" -_-

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

After the play, two more guys came upto me enquiring about my feelings T-T. Within the span of one day the news spread like the zombie apocalypse in movies. Even the teacher got to know. Everyone except my cousin knew about it. I didn't get my answer, I didn't even wait for my answer. After the play, went back home. Never called her, neither did she. That was the last time I had conversed with her. She lives in my locality. I've seen her quite a few times near the supermarket, in dominoes and many other places... Never even went up to her to say Hi. That musical was my last goodbye

• 3d

Lol she complimented your tooth

• 2d

😅 don't know why... People say it's cute

• Letter C, There is this one classmate who was flirtatious at first but after I gave a speech in my class about my political views, she just stopped talking to me because she misinterpreted what I said. After clarifying what I meant she resumed talking to me but stopped being flirtatious.

This is why I don’t like expressing myself, people tend to take any little thing the wrong way.

1|0
    0|0
  • B. And I've also rejected a lot of girls. And I've also told some girls I had feelings for them when I didn't.

Basically every situation was the same. I told the girl I like her, and she got grossed out.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Dang why did u say u liked her if u didnt? Saying what u had to for sexual activity?

• 4d

No, it was online.
      I was young and confused
      She didn't wanna have sex anyways.

• 4d

Actually there was one girl in 6th grade at winter camp
      I had a friend hook me up with her. I honestly don't know why. Don't matter cuz she ended up moving anyways. I think I got karma for it cuz I haven't had a girlfriend since

• B and C: B when I discovered she was not free and I had burned my fingers :-(
    C has probably happened at least once... she didn't tell me with so many words but I could feel it :o

1|0
    0|0
  • In my younger years... It was more A.. I had a lot of crushes who I liked and never said anything.. Never even talked to them.. Well, one I did but.. She moved by the time I finally said somethin to her.. LMAO.. I remember this girl "Terri Kimbrew" in Highschool.. I had a big crush on her.. I think she had one on me too as she told me I never talk as if it was a slight concern to her..(I was too shy in high school.) Never did tell her, and it was just like that throughout my younger years.. LMAO.. Now, I tell girls and I regret it.. Most times..

1|0
    0|0
  • I got too excited and ruined my chance with the most attractive girl I've met

1|0
    0|0
  • Not had an experience with those. I've been with two girls.

The first one didn't have half a damn brain in her head to know what love was.

The second one cheated on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never regretted telling someone. However, none of them ever resulted in anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • A. All the way. Coz my very shy. Maybe thats y never been in a relationship. 😟

0|0
    0|0
  • I never said anything

0|0
    0|0
  • C is the story of my life ugh

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Definitely A. His name was Jesse. *sigh* I'll never forget Jesse. I met him in college. He was one of the sweetest, most genuine and kindhearted people I've ever met in my life. I met him through his roommate, Ron, having a crush on my roommate and bestfriend. They came down to a mutual friends apartment and while Ron was getting his mack on, Jesse and just randomly started talking. He had the deepest voice ever. He and I just clicked instantly. Actually, his apartment and my apartment (our dorms were in an apartment complex) just became like one huge group of friends. He was the type of person that saw the good in everyone. He'd barely known us when he let us borrow his car to try out for American Idol auditions. Their apartment had wall to ceiling mirrors on one side and we'd come down every Friday and make up dances and listen to music. He also was a great cook and would cook us breakfast. And in return we would cook dinner. He loved my cornbread. You would've never expected him to be this way from looking at him. He looked like your I go hunting every Saturday with my day, John Deer, white boy (except he wasn't as rednecky and he was cute).

But anyway, he was like my best guy friend but I developed some feelings for him after awhile. And then the she devil came in speaking Spanish and mesmerizing him with her Bachata hips. She started out as our "friend". She tried out for AI with us. But I never really got good vibes from her. She started coming around more. Then she came over on a Friday and switched our whole little hip hop vibe to a Spanish one where she was legit dancing Bachata. And if you know what that is, it's a very sensual, sexy, hands on dance. Of course she grabbed Jesse. So they're doing that and I'm getting mad. Then they go on the balcony. Couple minutes later and Ron goes out there. He comes right back in and goes "I think Jesse is having his first kiss". My mfn heart sank to my ass. That was the beginning of their relationship. And the end of our friendship. She didn't like us hanging out together by ourselves. She hated how close we were. And I hated that he let her ruin us. So I stopped talking to him at all. And he got mad. We fought about it. Stopping speaking for months. I cursed her out. They ended up breaking up and we started to be cool again but things were never the same. Jesse was the one that got away.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Nooooo :( such a good story but wow u got to go to American idol

• 3d

Yeah. I miss him. I thought we'd be at least friends for life. But yeah, American Idol auditions. The longest most draining process ever. A lot of early mornings and standing in long ass lines for hours. It was an entire weekend process just to not make it pass the first round 😂😂😂. But it was an experience for sure.

• I had a guy asking me out but he was older, was ugly (to my taste) and had an horrible fashion taste (skater guy with quite long hair and pants who show his boxer). So I rejected him (he kept bothering like 1 months asking me multiple time a day).

I never told my crush I liked him because I knew he only considered me like a little sister and when I saw how he bullied all his ex and only stayed with them 1 week in general I preferred not to stay his friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • A - there have been more than one occasion in the past where I've came to wonder, "what if he knew?" There was one specific guy that I was really into, we were both tight buds and I truly felt we had noth a physical and emotional connection towards each other. However we both would always be dating someone if one, if not both of us were in a relationship. I came to learn that if neither of us was willing to end a relationship for the other/had the courage to voice our feelings, we weren't meant to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard for me to develop feelings for someone beyond friendship, so none

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had all three happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • A
    But I've still got time

0|0
    0|0