Girls, how would you react if a guy asked to see your ID to confirm your age?

Last year at a beach week I met a girl who was staying at nearby house. We hit it off right away and things happened. It wasn't until later that one of her friends told me that she was 17. I was a little pissed and felt like I'd been deceived. This has happened before, and the only way I see around it is to check girls' IDs. I just don't like that idea because I don't think it would go over very well.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd feel awkward as ever, more of a stronger awkward feeling than getting carded when I head to a bar. Simple way without being forward in knowing a person's age is how they hold a conversation about topics such as politics, business, or ethics. Or if you want to cut to the chase, head to a bar and ask her what drink she cares to have... or if she can even have one!

0|0
    0|0
    • The bar trick doesn't work for girls under 21. The problem is, there's almost no way to tell the difference between someone who's 17 and someone who's 18. Even asking isn't foolproof, because, as someone else pointed out, girls will lie about their ages.

• Show All
    • Haha my brother personally found it to be a buzzkill if a girl wasn't able to hold conversation, let loose with a drink and bed her back in his hook up phase. He had a several that would fess up to them cutting down their age on their profile... so he'd simply send them home.

• Yeah, I have friends like that who are really cerebral and will turn their noses up at really hot girls if they're not smart enough. I'm the opposite, like almost completely physical. It's all about that vibe for me

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• I wouldn't really care, I'd show mine. I'm like 21 and I still look like a high school freshman. I'm jail bait til proven otherwise

0|1
    0|0
  • You can just ask and see what she says. TBH, it's tough, because girls will lie, esp if the guy is really hot. I've done it. I was getting with older guys when I was 16. I bet younger girls hit on you all the time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, most of the girls who are really into me are younger. Most girls like older guys.

• Show All
    • No, not in my opinion.

• It's hard to get hot girls without total self-confidence

• I'd be a little taken back first but I basically still look like 14-16, especially without any make up, so I would get over it quickly.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would your attraction to the guy have any bearing on how much it would bother you. Like say you were extremely into a guy, would you be less put off by him asking to see your id?

• No, I don't think so. If I wasn't into him I wouldn't show him my ID tho, just to make it clear that I'm not interested

• I don't want to be a jerk and i really don't want to put girls off, but i guess the only way to do that is to make a joke out of it and tease her about her age.

• weird but at least u are trying not to hit on an underaged girls.
    . You can ask her tho instead of asking for an ID. but some usually lie about it so yeah, check the ID 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • What's weird about it?

• Show All
    • Yeah, that's probably the best thing, or I will just make a joke about her looking young and see her reaction. The problem is that some girls are very mature for their age, not just physically but verbally.

• yup I agree.. teens nowadays looks older than their age..

yah that's a great way to start. goodluck :)

• I'm 23 and men still ask me for my ID. I get offended but it's not the first and last time I hear "sorry its just that you look like a little girl" so ehh nothing wrong with making sure

0|0
    0|0
    • But don't you understand why we do it? In college I ended up having sex with a 15 yo when I was 20. That can ruin a life.

• I think it's reasonable to ask, but i would still feel put off cause even if it is reasonable, it still kinda sucks when someone thinks you're a liar

0|0
    0|0
    • also ur admitting you think theyre going to have sex ith you which might put them off

• Yeah, I'm pretty confident once things get to a certain point, so I'm not afraid to risk going there.

• I guess it's fine then, like you might get turned down a little more than usual but i think it's worth staying out of jail

• Mmmm I don't know 14 year olds look 20 these days, and asking for Id is just weird.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know. When I was in college I hooked up with a girl at a party who looked 20 to me, and she turned out to be 15.

• Shit hahaha that sucks, it might be easier for girls tho because I can tell when a guy is younger, how they act, how they dress. Guys do lie about their age as well, but I don't know I guess I can just tell and if I'm doubting I just don't mess with it.

• Yeah, girls are pretty militant about age, too. I've rarely ever dated girls my own age. They always want someone older.

• A bit offended lol

0|0
    0|0
    • That's what I would think. So how should I confirm that a girl isn't underage? It's not always easy to tell

• Weird since I don't look that young.

0|0
    0|0
  • Understandable if we were serious—many girls lie

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think most girls would be offended? I hate to kill the mood with a girl, but I don't want to go to jail, either.

• Show All
    • Yeah, I know—hence most of my friends are guys XD

• Most of mine are girls.

Recommended myTakes