Girls, how would you react if a guy asked to see your ID to confirm your age?

Last year at a beach week I met a girl who was staying at nearby house. We hit it off right away and things happened. It wasn't until later that one of her friends told me that she was 17. I was a little pissed and felt like I'd been deceived. This has happened before, and the only way I see around it is to check girls' IDs. I just don't like that idea because I don't think it would go over very well.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd feel awkward as ever, more of a stronger awkward feeling than getting carded when I head to a bar. Simple way without being forward in knowing a person's age is how they hold a conversation about topics such as politics, business, or ethics. Or if you want to cut to the chase, head to a bar and ask her what drink she cares to have... or if she can even have one!

• The bar trick doesn't work for girls under 21. The problem is, there's almost no way to tell the difference between someone who's 17 and someone who's 18. Even asking isn't foolproof, because, as someone else pointed out, girls will lie about their ages.

• Haha my brother personally found it to be a buzzkill if a girl wasn't able to hold conversation, let loose with a drink and bed her back in his hook up phase. He had a several that would fess up to them cutting down their age on their profile... so he'd simply send them home.

• Yeah, I have friends like that who are really cerebral and will turn their noses up at really hot girls if they're not smart enough. I'm the opposite, like almost completely physical. It's all about that vibe for me