Why don't men express their feelings?

I was talking to this guy and i told him how much he means to me and he just said thanks. He told me he likes me and that we should date... what do I do?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• That is very different depending on the guy. I've actually met more girls that don't express feelings compared to me that do it without a problem. I'm personally very emotional at times and need to express my emotions.

I've actually done similar like him though and that was because I had so bad self confidence. I genuinely didn't believe someone could like me so I just said thanks even though I liked her too. So that I really messed up.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Men usually express how they feel with other men in like group stuff occasionally to get things off their chest. That's what my brother told me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• If you need to hear a specific answer, you can write a script next time. You like 'this guy' for certain reasons; please accept that the way he talks/communicates is one part of it. the good news: over time everyone is able to adapt; in this details, and in others as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys express their feelings all the time, but maybe in ways you don't understand as 'expressing' like women do?

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want more out if him just ask him. Some guys don't express their feelings right off the bat so they don't overwhelm you. We've all got feelings inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys are conditioned in society to believe showing emotions is for wusses and if you do you are not a real man a cannot look after your women. Which make men feel that they must hold their emotions in.

This of course is folly and in my opinion a form of sexism. This needs to change.

If your a men and want to talk in an open environment I recommend looking for Men's circles in your area.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should blame society and his years and years of social conditioning instead of him if you know what I mean. That damage can’t be undone.
    I hope you’ll make a better person if you get a chance to though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Initiate a date.
    Men are educated not to express their feelings. Men showing their feelings still are seen as weak - also by women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men don't express their feelings because if they do they get taunted for doing so. It's a no win situation for a man!

0|0
    0|0
  • All guys are different. With me I really need to know the person. Before I open up to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well not all guys are confident n easily get along with new people some are shy that sometimes they are afraid to express their inner emotions but the fear of losing n rejection gets in the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Becauae this happends

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a generalization, I've known plenty of girls who weren't very touchy feely either

0|0
    0|0
  • Stereotypes. I bet if we pm’d I could express more than what that guy suggested.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think it is like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh so you wanted him to lie lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Real men don't express their feelings

0|0
    0|0
    • Is it a fact? are you sure? so then I am sure they must be showing that through the means of their actions then.

• Hush Kiana

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not how we are wired

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes