Your thoughts on flirting with married colleagues?

What do you think about people who are married or in relation flirting with each other at work place. Here I am talking about friendly flirting which is done without any other intention.
Do you ever do that? If you do what are your limits?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is rampant in my workplace. To the point that even people in charge play into it. There is an unspoken rule none of it is to be conducted or talked about outside of work. It even plays a role on who ends up staying. I have seen guys that can't handle it, they think there is more to it, and they cross a line and end up being made uncomfortable until they leave.

I had to make a boundary that it cannot go beyond verbal after a married woman was pushing things with me, looking to see how far it would go. One day she came into my office and started simulating masturbation in front of me. Her husband made a surprise appearance to bring her food 5 minutes later. Imagine the shitstorm if he walked in and caught her rubbing her crotch in front of me.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say only if it's friendly, positive, and something you wouldn't mind if your boss caught you doing. Unless your boss is a tight ass, then smiling a little extra, added banter, and a host of inside jokes are just gonna make the day go better.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 67

• Flirting is such a generalized term so I have no way to know. It could be that everything I experience in the office is flirting and don't know it. Provide one example of this purported flirting...

4|2
    0|0
  • I'd say it can be dangerous for a women as a man can take it completely the wrong way fun to you means I wanna fuck to him and you may find yourself in a uncomfortable position at the Christmas party when he starts grabbing your ass because he's tipsy and thinks you really want it.
    I know it's not fair but it kinda is

1|0
    0|0
  • By friendly flirting, you mean sending the message that you'd be physically interested if not taken right? I don't think it's appropriate personally. I know people like the ego boost though.

1|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home. When you start wanting to eat at someone else's house, it's gone too far.

1|1
    0|0
  • Problem is not the limit problem will be when you will know your partner is also doing same with someone , can you tolerate that?2) when other party at office leave you , can you guarantee you will not get hurt? if you r ok with this, then there is no limit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally would not. Because if I was his or her partner, I would not like it. On the other hand it takes two to tango. If you become available he or she might take advantage of you or your position at work. Worst is they take you serious and it becomes a mess.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is an area I find difficult. I love chatting to women married or not what I consider to be having a chat some say its flirting. To me flirting is when you are chatting them up for nafferious reasons me I chat like I chat to anyone...

0|0
    0|0
  • don't be a attention whore and lead people on, grow up

1|0
    0|0
  • Flirting is harmless, I personally see it as a way to brighten someone's day by showing them how desirable they are.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nope. Someone involved will always interpret it as something else. Either you, the other person, or the person you or they are with. Not worth the temporary validation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure it happens more often everyday. I think friendly flirting is a loaded term; it may start that way, but you're both going to push it as far as you can

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with a little harmless playful flirting, just so long as it doesn't get serious.

1|0
    0|0
  • I say don't be an asshole and leave them be. You wouldn't want to be responsible for potentially ruining a marriage like some kind of devil, would you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Flirting with married colleagues is wrong. Just imagine yourself in the place of his/her partner. Or imagine your parten flirting with someone. Would you ve comfortable with that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's okay till we both enjoy and it doesn't ruin our personal life.
    But yeah it's a bad thing to do too cause it will be counted as cheating by our partners.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a shitty thing to do to flirt with with someone you know is married, but hey, I can't tell you what to do

0|1
    0|0
  • I think as long as it's friendly and nothing more then it's not that big of deal

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's wrong. People should respect the fact that the other person is in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a very bad idea. Its not healthy. You should be loyal to the person you married. A work friendship is one thing but flirting is not ok.

0|1
    0|0
  • Flirting at all is playing with fire... I just wouldn't go there.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• I think flirting is just wrong when you're in a relationship, whatever type of flirting that is. I always make sure to put myself in my partners shoes before I actually do it and imagine would I like it if it's being done to me? And the answer is absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would need an example to really know whether I agree or disagree - I'm pretty open minded (so is my husband) so I don't care about that type of stuff. There are levels of flirting just as there are levels of intimacy so it really depends on how well you know yourself, the amount of self control you have, & your true intentions.

1|0
    0|0
  • I disagree with it. Flirting can lead to more and that will ruin your marriage.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its okay to me as long as its friendly flirting. today it seems like laughing and having a good time with the opposite is bad or something. (not saying that's what's your saying).

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't flirt. I dnt want someone to flirt with me when i'm married neither for my husband. Cause that will be a huge problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't embarrass yourself

0|2
    0|0
  • Huge no no

0|1
    0|0
  • I won't do that lol, it'll consider as cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s normal to me,

0|0
    0|0
  • No dont do that!

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless it's your spouse or partner you're flirting with I'm against it. Sooner or later someone is going to take the flirting as a sign of interest which is usually what flirting is meant for and they are going to get hurt.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes