How should I go about flirting with a very shy girl?

There is a girl at work that I really like, however she is extremely shy and hardly talks to anyone or says anything. Maybe there is a reason behind this? How should I approach her and try to ask her on a date.

410

Most Helpful Girl

• I was that very shy girl. Here's what I would do. Notice what she drinks. Buy one for her, put it on her desk. She will look up. Give a wink and a great big smile, then turn around and go back to your desk. She what she does. It might take a couple more times of doing this, then ask her name when you drop off the latest drink. When she tells you, say "Hi ____ ! Nice to meet you! Stop by some time if you're in the neighborhood." That way you are breaking the ice. Then eventually let her decide how to proceed. Shy girls will be suspicious if you come on too strong too fast.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's great to hear from someone that knows her position. What if there is a reason she is like that? (Past experiences with guys for example) how can I show her that she can trust me and open up without scaring her away

• I had a reason too. We all do. But that really is not important. The important parts are to notice her (buying her the drinks), being friendly but not coming on strong, and let her decide if she wants to trust you. This takes a little time. But worth it. Once she does come to your desk, just walk through it slowly and non-threatening. The results are all in your approach, and how you leave her carrots. :) Good luck!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• not to burst your bubble, but the girl could be socially awkward/disinterested not shy. There is a difference, some girls just aren't into dating, sex, etc. I know my sister and cousins are like that , also even if a girl is shy she will give you subtle signals, like looking at you ( she will look down or away when you look at her). If she ignores you that doesn't mean she is shy..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE